uploads///

Over 70% of Analysts Have Recommended ‘Buys’ on Toyota in March

By

Mar. 29 2019, Published 12:55 p.m. ET

Analysts’ ratings on Toyota

According to the latest data by Thomson Reuters, ~71% of the 21 analysts covering Toyota Motor (TM) have given it “buy” recommendations. The remaining 29% of analysts have been cautious, suggesting “holds” on the stock, while no analysts have given it “sells.”

In the last six months, a number of analysts have turned positive on the company. In September 2018, only ~55% of analysts had suggested “buys” on Toyota.

Article continues below advertisement

Over 24% upside potential

On March 28, analysts’ 12-month consensus target price for Toyota’s American depositary receipt was $148.28. This target price reflected a ~24.5% potential upside from its price of $119.07 on the NYSE.

Analysts’ consensus target price for Toyota stock in the last six months has risen to $148.28 from $143.66.

Toyota’s US sales

In February, Toyota’s total US sales fell 5.2% YoY (year-over-year) to 172,748 units. In January, the company also reported a 6.6% YoY fall in its US sales volumes. February was the fourth consecutive month during which Toyota reported a fall in its US sales after minor sales gains of 1.8% YoY in October 2018.

Despite Toyota’s US sales weakness, its profit margins remained much stronger than those of other automakers, including General Motors (GM), Ford Motor Company (F), Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCAU), and Honda Motor Company (HMC). Also, in the last year, TM’s presence in the US pickup truck segment has improved. Pickup trucks have yielded higher profit margins for automakers than small passenger cars.

Advertisement

More From Market Realist

    • CONNECT with Market Realist
    • Link to Facebook
    • Link to Twitter
    • Link to Instagram
    • Link to Email Subscribe
    Market Realist Logo

    © Copyright 2021 Market Realist. Market Realist is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.