Ionis in Q1
In the first quarter, leading biopharmaceutical company Ionis Pharmaceuticals’ (IONS) revenue grew 24.7% year-over-year to $144.4 million from $115.8 million, as shown in the chart below. Ionis’s revenue sources include commercial revenue from Spinraza royalties and other licensing and royalty revenue, as well as research and development revenue under collaborative agreements.
Key drugs portfolio: Severe and rare diseases
- Spinraza (nusinersen), approved for the treatment of pediatric and adult patients with spinal muscular atrophy, was developed in collaboration with Biogen (BIIB), which holds Spinraza’s development, manufacturing, and commercializing licenses.
- Kynamro injections, approved by the FDA for the treatment of homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia, is developed and commercialized by Kastle Therapeutics, a Sanofi (SNY) subsidiary.
- Tegsedi (inotersen) is a drug developed for the treatment of patients with transthyretin amyloidosis, a fatal disease where amyloid plaque builds up in the body. Tegsedi is in the registration phase.
- Waylivra (volanesorsen) has been developed for the treatment of familial chylomicronemia syndrome, for which it is in the registration phase, and familial partial lipodystrophy, for which it is in Phase 3 clinical development.
- Plazomicin, a drug developed in collaboration with Achaogen through satellite companies for the treatment of severe bacterial infections, is in the registration phase.
Check out all the data we have added to our quote pages. Now you can get a valuation snapshot, earnings and revenue estimates, and historical data as well as dividend info. Take a look!