Key economic indicators
Here are some emerging markets indicators released in the past few weeks:
- India’s (INDA) manufacturing PMI (purchasing managers’ index)
- India’s service PMI
- Mexico’s (EWW) manufacturing PMI
- Indonesia’s (IDX) (ASEA) manufacturing PMI
- Russia’s (RSX) manufacturing PMI
- Russia’s service PMI
- China’s (FXI) manufacturing PMI
- China’s service PMI
- Brazil’s manufacturing PMI
- Brazil’s service PMI
Emerging nations’ manufacturing and service PMIs are important tools for investors. Emerging markets performed strongly in January 2018. The iShares MSCI Emerging Markets ETF (EEM) and the Vanguard FTSE Emerging Markets ETF (VWO), which track the performance of emerging markets, rose 8.3% and 8.5%, respectively, in January 2018.
In this series, we’ll analyze India’s, China’s, Brazil’s, Russia’s, Indonesia’s, and Mexico’s manufacturing and service activity in January 2018. While major Eurozone nations‘ (N100-INDEX) manufacturing activity weakened in January 2018, other developed nations’ manufacturing showed some improvement. In the next part of this series, we’ll analyze India’s manufacturing PMI in January 2018.