uploads/2017/11/Chart-02-3-1.jpg

Johnson & Johnson Reports Revenue Growth in 3Q17

By

Updated

Johnson & Johnson’s revenues

Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) reported 10.3% growth in its revenues to $19.7 billion during 3Q17, as compared to revenues of $17.8 billion in 3Q16. The company surpassed Wall Street analysts’ estimates for the EPS (or earnings per share) and reported EPS of $1.91 for 3Q17 as compared to the estimates of $1.80.

The above chart shows revenues for Johnson & Johnson over last few quarters.

Article continues below advertisement

Revenue performance in 3Q17

Johnson & Johnson reported growth of 9.5% in its top line at constant exchange rates to $19.7 billion during 3Q17. Also, a favorable impact of foreign exchange contributed ~0.8% to the revenue growth in 3Q17, resulting in total growth of ~10.3% during 3Q17.

The pharmaceuticals segment reported 14.6% growth in operating revenues and a 0.8% favorable impact of foreign exchange, resulting in growth of ~15.4% in revenues during 3Q17. The consumer segment reported 1.6% growth in operating revenues and a 1.3% favorable impact of foreign exchange, resulting in the growth of 2.9% in revenues during 3Q17. The medical devices segment reported 6.6% growth in operating revenues for 3Q17 and a 0.5% favorable impact of foreign exchange, resulting in growth of 7.1% in revenues during 3Q17.

Geographically, the US markets reported 9.7% growth in revenues to $10.3 billion during 3Q17, while the international markets reported 10.9% growth in revenues including operational growth of 9.3% and a 1.6% favorable impact from foreign exchange during 3Q17.

The Fidelity MSCI Healthcare ETF (FHLC) holds 40.1% of its total investments in pharmaceuticals companies. FHLC holds 10.3% of its total investments in Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), 2.8% in Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. (BMY), 3.0% in Medtronic Plc (MDT), and 4.2% in Merck & Co. (MRK).

Advertisement

More From Market Realist