uploads///Telecom Verizon Q Analysts Recommendations

Verizon’s Stock Performance So Far in 2018


Aug. 13 2018, Updated 9:00 a.m. ET

Shareholder returns and stock trends

The closing price for Verizon (VZ) stock on August 6 was $52.48. Based on that, Verizon has a market capitalization of ~$216.8 billion, the second-largest among all major US wireless service providers. Verizon’s highest price in the last 52 weeks was $54.77 per share. Its lowest price was $43.97.

YTD (year-to-date), Verizon stock has fallen 2%. It has risen 1.9% in the trailing-one-month period and 7.3% in the trailing-12-month period. By comparison, Sprint (S) and AT&T (T) have fallen 29% and 16.4%, respectively, in the trailing-12-month period. T-Mobile (TMUS) stock has risen 2.8% in the trailing-12-month period.

Article continues below advertisement


As of August 6, Verizon’s MACD (moving average convergence divergence) is 0.56. T-Mobile’s is 0.23, AT&T’s is -0.21, and Sprint’s is 0.03. A negative MACD indicates that a stock is on a downward trading trend, while a positive MACD indicates an upward trading trend.

Analyst recommendations

Of the 31 analysts actively tracking Verizon, 52% are recommending a “buy” for the stock, and the remaining 48% are recommending a “hold.” None of the analysts have rated the stock a “sell.”

Verizon’s dividend yield

Dividend yield indicates how much cash an investor is receiving for every dollar invested in a company’s equity. As of August 6, Verizon’s dividend yield was 4.5%, which was less than AT&T’s at 6.2%.


More From Market Realist

    • CONNECT with Market Realist
    • Link to Facebook
    • Link to Twitter
    • Link to Instagram
    • Link to Email Subscribe
    Market Realist Logo

    © Copyright 2021 Market Realist. Market Realist is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.