3 Oct

Behind Noble Midstream Partners’ Top 7 MLP Position

WRITTEN BY Kurt Gallon

NBLX’s analyst recommendations

Noble Midstream Partners (NBLX), the midstream MLP (master limited partnership) formed by Noble Energy (NBL) to provide to crude oil, natural gas, and water-related midstream services, comes in seventh place in terms of the highest “buy” rating percentage among MLPs. Notably, 89% of analysts surveyed by Wall Street analysts rate NBLX a “buy,” while the remaining 11% rate it as a “hold.”

Notably, Mizuho last downgraded NBLX to “neutral,” which is equivalent to a “hold.” This is the only rating update that the partnership has seen in 2017. Behind Noble Midstream Partners’ Top 7 MLP Position

NBLX has very low upside potential, however. NBLX’s average target price of $55.9 implies a 7% upside potential from its current price levels. This could be attributed to NBLX’s strong YTD gains. The partnership has risen 45% in 2017 to date. At the same time, the Alerian MLP ETF (AMLP) has lost 11.1%.

Valuation analysis

NBLX was trading at a forward EV-to-EBITDA (enterprise value to earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, and amortization) of 9.8x as of September 28, 2017—below its historical average of 10.3x and below the peer median multiple of 9.9x.

NBLX’s current distribution yield of 3.2% is below the historical average of 3.6%. NBLX’s current valuation reflects its strong throughput volume growth, strong distribution growth, low leverage, and strong support from its sponsor, Noble Energy.

Latest articles

Tortoise Capital Advisors bought 9.5 million Kinder Morgan shares in Q3. That was the biggest addition among the company’s top 10 institutional investors.

Although near-term weakness exists in the cannabis stocks, we expect Cannabis 2.0 products or cannabis-derived products could act as a catalyst.

The US, Saudi Arabia, and Russia are the world’s top three crude oil producers. Let’s take a look at the world’s top oil players by production volumes.

Tesla’s Model Y is gearing up to enter the EV market next summer. Ford heated up this space with its announcement of the Mustang Mach-E launch in late 2020.

Yesterday, Comcast (CMCSA) rose 0.5% and closed at $44.81, with a market capitalization of $203.9 billion. But can you expect a further rise?

Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is one of the best-performing semiconductor stocks of 2019, beating 100% year-to-date growth.