Analysts’ recommendations for Tsakos Energy Navigation
All of the 13 analysts covering Tsakos Energy Navigation (TNP) have given the stock a “buy” recommendation.
The average target price for Tsakos is $9.64 compared to its current market price of $6.09 as of June 2, 2016. This implies a potential upside of 58.3%. Drewery Financial Services issued the highest price target for Tsakos at $14.5. TNP’s lowest target prices of $7.4 and $7.5 come from DNB Markets and UBS, respectively.
After the first quarter results were released, analysts decreased their target prices on Tsakos Energy Navigation.
- Morgan Stanley decreased the 12-month target price to $8 from $8.5.
- JP Morgan decreased the target price to $10 from $11. It maintained its “overweight” recommendation.
- Jefferies decreased its 12-month target price to $9 from $10 and maintained its “buy” rating.
Wall Street recommendations for industry peers
- Seven analysts cover Nordic American Tankers (NAT). About 27% of them gave the company a “buy” recommendation, 57% gave it a “hold,” and 14% give it a “sell.”
- 15 analysts cover Teekay Tankers (TNK). About 47% of them gave the company a “buy” recommendation, 40% gave it a “hold,” and 13% gave it a “sell.”
- Of the 17 analysts covering DHT Holdings (DHT), 65% gave it a buy recommendation, 24% gave it a “hold,” and 11% gave it a “sell.”
- Nine analysts cover General Maritime (GNRT). Of these, 78% gave the company a “buy” recommendation, 11% gave it a “hold,” and 11% gave it a “sell.”
Investors interested in broad exposure to industrials can invest in the SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF (DIA).