Jabil Circuit and its peers
In this part, we’ll compare Jabil Circuit (JBL) with its peers:
- The PE (price-to-earnings) ratios of Jabil Circuit, Flextronics International (FLEX), Sanmina (SANM), Celestica (CLS), and Plexus (PLXS) are 16.1x, 12.3x, 4.7x, 34.9x, and 13.0x, respectively, as of December 16, 2015.
- The PBV (price-to-book value) ratios of Jabil Circuit, Flextronics International, Sanmina, Celestica, and Plexus are 2.0x, 2.6x, 1.1x, 1.4x, and 1.4x, respectively.
As a result, Jabil Circuit mainly outperformed its peers based on the PE and PBV ratios.
ETFs that invest in Jabil Circuit
The First Trust Technology AlphaDEX ETF (FXL) invests 2.1% of its holdings in Jabil Circuit.
The Guggenheim S&P MidCap 400 Pure Value ETF (RFV) invests 1.3% of its holdings in Jabil Circuit. RFV tracks a fundamentally weighted index of US-listed value companies.
The RevenueShares MidCap ETF (RWK) invests 1.2% of its holdings in Jabil Circuit. RWK tracks a revenue-weighted index of the S&P Mid Cap 400 Index.
Comparing Jabil Circuit and its ETFs
Now, let’s compare Jabil Circuit with the ETFs that invest in it:
- The YTD (year-to-date) price movements of Jabil Circuit, FXL, RFV, and RWK are 11.1%, -3.2%, -9.7%, and -5.7%, respectively.
- The PE ratios of Jabil Circuit, FXL, RFV, and RWK are 16.1x, 21.5x, 57.7x, and 30.3x, respectively.
- The PBV ratios of Jabil Circuit, FXL, RFV, and RWK are 2.0x, 3.0x, 1.2x, and 1.8x, respectively.
According to the above findings, the ETFs are ahead of Jabil Circuit based on the PE ratio. However, Jabil Circuit outperformed its ETFs based on the price movement and PBV ratio.