SINA and its peers
In this article, we’ll compare SINA (SINA) with its peers:
- The PE (price-to-earnings) ratios of SINA, Baidu (BIDU), and NetEase (NTES) are 18.3x, 37.8x, and 25.3x, respectively, as of November 18, 2015.
- The PBV (price-to-book value) ratios of SINA, Baidu, NetEase, and Sohu.com (SOHU) are 1.4x, 8.1x, 5.0x, and 1.6x, respectively.
Thus, SINA’s peers have outperformed it based on PE and PBV.
ETFs that invest in SINA
The Global X Social Media Index ETF (SOCL) invests 4.4% of its holdings in SINA. The ETF tracks a modified market-cap–weighted index of social media companies selected by the Structured Solutions Committee.
The Global X NASDAQ China Technology ETF (QQQC) invests 3.1% of its holdings in SINA. The ETF tracks a cap-weighted index of investable Chinese technology companies. The fund invests across the market-cap spectrum.
The PowerShares Golden Dragon China ETF (PGJ) invests 2.7% of its holdings in SINA. The ETF tracks a market-cap-weighted index of Chinese stocks. The fund strictly holds US-listed companies that derive a majority of their revenues from China.
SINA and its ETFs compared
Now let’s compare SINA with the ETFs that invest in it:
- The year-to-date price movements of SINA, SOCL, QQQC, and PGJ are 34.6%, 8.2%, 7.1%, and 9.1%, respectively.
- The PE ratios of SINA, SOCL, QQQC, and PGJ are 18.3x, 22.1x, 13.9x, and 20.7x, respectively.
- The PBV ratios of SINA, SOCL, QQQC, and PGJ are 1.4x, 2.9x, 2.1x, and 2.5x, respectively.
According to the above findings, the company’s ETFs have outperformed it based on PE and PBV. However, it’s outpacing its ETFs based on price movement.