fbeafdb

Kurt Gallon

Disclosure: I am in full compliance with all ethics and other policies for Market Realist research analysts. I am not invested in securities that I cover on Market Realist.

More From Kurt Gallon

  • An Overview of Genesis Energy’s Offshore Pipeline Segment
    Company & Industry Overviews

    An Overview of Genesis Energy’s Offshore Pipeline Segment

    Until recently, Genesis Energy’s Offshore Pipeline segment owned interest in ~1200 miles of offshore pipelines spread across five pipeline systems.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • Why Sunoco Logistics Has the Lowest Profit Margins
    Company & Industry Overviews

    Why Sunoco Logistics Has the Lowest Profit Margins

    Sunoco Logistics has the lowest profit margin and ROE among its peers. Its profit margin and ROE of 1.6% and 1.7%, respectively, are well below the group average.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • 4 Methods of Investing in MLPs
    Company & Industry Overviews

    4 Methods of Investing in MLPs

    There are four methods of investing in MLPs. The MLP funds’ market cap reached $54 billion as of April 30, 2014. The number of MLP-focused funds reached 49.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • Chesapeake Bankruptcy Rumors Take a Toll on Williams Companies
    Macroeconomic Analysis

    Chesapeake Bankruptcy Rumors Take a Toll on Williams Companies

    Chesapeake Energy (CHK) opened 50% lower in yesterday’s early trading on the rumor that the company is working with advisors to pursue bankruptcy.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • MLPs: How They Operate in the Midstream Energy Industry
    Company & Industry Overviews

    MLPs: How They Operate in the Midstream Energy Industry

    Most MLPs operate in the midstream energy industry. They’re mainly involved in gathering, processing, storing, and transporting energy commodities.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Gains
    Energy & Utilities

    Top MLP Gainers in the Week Ending April 6

    Sanchez Midstream Partners was the top MLP gainer in the week ending April 6, 2018. Sanchez Midstream Partners rallied 16.4%.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///hurricane harvey
    Company & Industry Overviews

    Hurricane Harvey Impacted Energy MLPs

    Hurricane Harvey hit the US Gulf Coast last week. The US Gulf Coast is a major destination for US refineries and energy infrastructure.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///crude oil mine _
    Company & Industry Overviews

    Marathon Oil Has Risen ~27% in 2018

    Marathon Oil (MRO) has seen a strong rally in the past month. The company has risen ~15% from its lows of $19 in August.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///sma
    Miscellaneous

    Cheniere Energy’s Shares Look Strong

    Currently, Cheniere Energy is trading 3.4% above its 50-day simple moving average and 13.2% above its 200-day simple moving average.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Price to DCF
    Company & Industry Overviews

    What Does NuStar Energy’s Current Valuation Say?

    NuStar Energy’s undervaluation relative to its own historical valuation might indicate a buying opportunity.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///EBITDA breakdown
    Earnings Report

    Pipeline Segment Will Drive NuStar Energy’s 4Q15 Performance

    The pipeline segment is NuStar’s largest business segment in terms of the EBITDA. It accounted for 50% of the total segment EBITDA in the first nine months of 2015.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///top gainers
    Miscellaneous

    These Were the Top-Performing MLPs in April 2017

    Sunoco (SUN), an MLP involved in wholesale and retail distribution and marketing of refined products, was the top gainer among MLPs in April 2017.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///IV
    Miscellaneous

    Will Energy Transfer Equity Build on Last Week’s Gains This Week?

    Energy Transfer Equity (ETE) recently went below its 50-day simple moving average driven by the decline in the last two trading sessions of last week.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///si
    Company & Industry Overviews

    Why Short Interest in ETE Could Mean Bearish Sentiment

    Short interest in Energy Transfer Equity (ETE) as percentage of its float ratio has risen to 7.4%.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///nspc
    Energy & Utilities

    What Dragged Down MLPs Last Week?

    MLP sluggishness continued last week. The Alerian MLP Index, which tracks the performance of 50 energy infrastructure MLPs, ended the week 4.4% lower.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Gainers
    Macroeconomic Analysis

    Spectra Energy Partners Rallies Due to a Rise in 3Q15 Distribution

    Spectra Energy Partners declared a distribution per unit of $0.62 in a press release published on October 19. This is a 1.3% rise compared to 2Q15.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Ethane prices
    Macroeconomic Analysis

    Ethane Prices Continue to Rally: How It Impacted MLPs

    Ethane prices rallied for the second consecutive week ending April 15. Mont Belvieu ethane prices rose 11.3% to $0.20 per gallon in the same week.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Gains
    Energy & Utilities

    Which MLPs Rose More than 6% Last Week?

    Seadrill Partners (SDLP), the MLP involved mainly in offshore drilling, continued to be among the top MLP gainers for the second consecutive week.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Gainer
    Energy & Utilities

    Top E&P Gainers for the Week That Ended on August 24

    California Resources (CRC) was the top E&P (exploration and production) gainer in the week that ended on August 24, with a week-over-week rise of 22.2%.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Organic Expansion Capital
    Earnings Report

    Why Sunoco Logistics Revised Its 2015 Capital Expenditure Targets

    Sunoco Logistics (SXL) will share the proportionate capital expenditure in the Bakken Pipeline project. This led SXL to revise its capital expenditure for 2015.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Analyst Ratings
    Earnings Report

    Analyst Ratings for NuStar Energy

    The median broker target price of $44 for NuStar Energy implies a ~36.0% price return in the next 12 months from its February 3, 2016, closing price of $33.50.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Analyst Ratings
    Earnings Report

    What Do Analysts Recommend for NGL Energy?

    ~50% of analysts rate NGL Energy a “hold,” ~40% rate it a “buy,” and the remaining ~10% rate it a “sell.”

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///MoM change
    Miscellaneous

    MLPs Continue to Slip after Weak April 2017

    MLPs saw a huge decline in prices during the first week of May driven by the sharp decline in crude oil prices.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Frac spread
    Macroeconomic Analysis

    Key for Investors: The Fractionation Spread Rose Last Week

    The Henry Hub–Mont Belvieu fractionation spread rose to $13.0 per barrel in the week ending May 13, 2016. The spread was $12.4 per barrel in the previous week.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///WMB EV to EBITDA
    Company & Industry Overviews

    Why Williams Companies’ Valuation Has Been on the Rise

    Williams Companies’ forward EV-EBITDA multiple, which is based on the current fiscal quarter’s EBITDA estimates, is 13.1x.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///APC
    Earnings Report

    Anadarko Petroleum Ranks Seventh in Terms of Cash Flow Growth

    In this article, we’ll look into the cash flow growth expectations of Anadarko Petroleum (APC).

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///segment ebitda
    Earnings Report

    What to Expect from Energy Transfer Partners in Q2 2018

    The Crude Oil Transportation and Services segment was Energy Transfer Partners’ (ETP) top performing segment in the first quarter.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///ETP SXL Liquids assets
    Company & Industry Overviews

    How Sunoco Logistics Could Benefit from Liquids Integration

    SXL has remained bullish on its NGL growth story, which has been supported by strong NGL supply growth from the liquids-rich Marcellus and Utica Shales.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///anr
    Energy & Utilities

    MLP Rating Updates during the Week Ending December 15

    During the week ending December 15, BMO Capital Markets upgraded Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP) to “outperform,” which is equivalent to “buy.”

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///alaska _
    Energy & Utilities

    Energy Transfer Partners: Sharp Decline in Crude Oil Prices

    The one-year correlation coefficient between Energy Transfer Equity and crude oil was 0.49 as of July 11.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///si
    Energy & Utilities

    What Williams Companies’ Technical Indicators Suggest

    Williams Companies’ moving averages Williams Companies (WMB) recently moved above its 200-day moving average, indicating bullishness. WMB was trading 5.5% above its 50-day SMA (simple moving average) and 2.3% below its 200-day SMA as of December 27, 2017. In comparison, peers Energy Transfer Equity (ETE) and Kinder Morgan (KMI) were trading 0.8% and 2.3% above their […]

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///anr
    Energy & Utilities

    What Wall Street Analysts Recommend for EnLink Midstream

    A total of 63.0% of analysts surveyed by Reuters have rated EnLink Midstream Partners (ENLK) as a “buy” as of June 28.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///anr
    Miscellaneous

    WMB’s Analyst Price Targets: Gauging the Upside Potential

    Among the analysts covering Williams Companies’ stock, 53.0% of the analysts have recommended a “buy,” and the remaining 47.0% have recommended a “hold.”

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///IV
    Miscellaneous

    A Look at Williams Companies’ Price Forecast amid Uncertainty

    Williams Companies’ implied volatility Williams Companies’ (WMB) 30-day implied volatility was 22.8% as of June 14, 2017. Peers Energy Transfer Equity (ETE), ONEOK (OKE), and Kinder Morgan (KMI) had implied volatility of 32.5%, 22.6%, and 20.1%, respectively, as of June 14. In comparison, the Alerian MLP ETF (AMLP) has implied volatility of 17.5%. Williams Companies’ […]

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///distribution growth
    Macroeconomic Analysis

    Which MLPs Are Leading in Distribution Growth?

    MLPs’ distribution In this article, we’ll look at MLPs’ distribution growth for the latest quarter. Of 113 MLPs, 37 managed to grow their quarterly distribution based on 4Q16 earnings. Nearly 62 MLPs kept their distribution unchanged. This includes GPs (general partners) of limited partnerships and midstream C corporations. EQT GP Holdings (EQGP), Capital Product Partners […]

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///nspc
    Company & Industry Overviews

    ETE Announced Financing to Support ETP: Key Highlights

    Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) announced a $568 million private placement with Energy Transfer Equity (ETE) on January 9, 2017.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///AM
    Materials

    Why Antero Is the Favorite MLP among Analysts

    Antero Midstream Partners, the midstream MLP formed by Antero Resources (AR) to provide natural gas midstream services, has 100 “buy” ratings.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///anr
    Energy & Utilities

    Cheniere Energy: What Analysts Recommend

    Currently, 78% of the analysts surveyed by Reuters rate Cheniere Energy as a “buy” as of March 22, 2018, while the remaining 22% rate it as a “hold.”

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///anr
    Earnings Report

    Most Analysts Recommend ‘Buys’ on Cheniere Energy

    In this article, we’ll look at what Wall Street analysts recommend for Cheniere Energy (LNG). At a broader level, 85.0% of analysts rated Cheniere Energy as a “buy.”

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Best
    Macroeconomic Analysis

    JP Energy Partners: Best Midstream MLP Performer on September 11

    JP Energy Partners (JPEP) was the best performer among midstream MLPs at the end of trading on September 11. It rose 3.31% in a single trading session.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Gains
    Miscellaneous

    These MLPs Came out on Top on August 18

    Calumet Specialty Products Partners (CLMT) was the top-performing MLP (master limited partnership) last week (ended August 18).

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///anr
    Energy & Utilities

    MLP Rating Updates for the Week Ended September 1

    Last week, BMO Capital Markets raised both PAA and PAGP to outperform, which is equivalent to a “buy.”

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///ANR
    Earnings Report

    What Analysts Recommend for ETP and ETE ahead of the 3Q17 Results

    Of the analysts surveyed by Reuters, 71.0% recommend a “buy” for Energy Transfer Equity (ETE), and the remaining 29.0% of analysts recommend “hold.”

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///anr
    Energy & Utilities

    Last Week’s MLP Ratings Updates

    CVR Refining (CVRR), a downstream MLP involved in crude oil refining and refined products marketing, saw ratings updates and target price revisions from Barclays and UBS last week.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///accountant _
    Earnings Report

    MLPs’ Strong Earnings Growth Continued in Q2 2018

    Of the top 15 MLPs by market cap, 13 reported YoY (year-over-year) rises in their quarterly revenues and earnings.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Loss
    Miscellaneous

    Top MLP Losses in the Week Ending May 25

    Legacy Reserves (LGCY) was the top MLP loss last week. Legacy Reserves fell 36.2% mainly due to the weakness in crude oil prices.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Loss
    Energy & Utilities

    Who Were the Top MLP Losers Last Week?

    Four of the top MLP losers last week were marine transportation MLPs, including GMLP, CPLP, KNOP, and NAP.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///nspc
    Energy & Utilities

    Drivers behind Williams Companies’ Recent Market Performance

    William Companies (WMB) has recovered slightly after a weak August 2017, and it has risen 2.4% since last week. WMB has fallen 3.3% since the beginning of 2017.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///NSPC
    Company & Industry Overviews

    Analyzing Cheniere Energy’s Commodity Price Exposure

    The correlation between Cheniere Energy’s stock price and crude oil (USO) resulted in a correlation coefficient of 0.87 during the past year.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Loss
    Energy & Utilities

    Top MLP Losses in the Week Ending April 13

    Alliance Holdings GP (AHGP), the GP of Alliance Resource Partners (ARLP), was the top MLP loss in the week ending April 13, 2018.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///anr
    Energy & Utilities

    Cheniere Energy: 76% of the Analysts Rate It as a ‘Buy’

    Among the analysts surveyed by Reuters, 76% rate Cheniere Energy (LNG) as a “buy” as of March 6, 2018, while the remaining 24% rate it as a “hold.”

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///performance by subgroup
    Miscellaneous

    Why Gathering and Processing MLPs Outperformed in 1Q17

    Gathering and processing MLPs were the best performing MLPs in the first quarter of 2017. The subgroup rose 14.7%.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///VNOM
    Energy & Utilities

    Why Viper Energy Partners Is Analysts’ Favorite Upstream Company

    Viper Energy Partners (VNOM), an upstream company, is Wall Street analysts’ favorite upstream company.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Dividend Cut
    Company & Industry Overviews

    Kinder Morgan Cuts Dividends by 75%

    Kinder Morgan (KMI), the midstream energy giant, announced a ~75% quarterly dividend cut in its annual outlook release for 2016 on Tuesday.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Worst
    Macroeconomic Analysis

    Cone Midstream: Worst Midstream MLP Performer on August 28

    Cone Midstream Partners (CNNX) was the worst performer among midstream MLPs at the end of trading on Friday, August 28. It fell 0.61%.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Gains
    Energy & Utilities

    Why Only 9 MLPs Ended in the Green Last Week

    Alon USA Partners (ALDW), a downstream MLP involved in crude oil refining and refined products marketing, was the top MLP gainer last week.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///NSPC
    Earnings Report

    Western Gas Partners Increases 2016 Guidance: Key Highlights

    Western Gas Partners (WES) shares rallied 3.3% on Wednesday, July 27, 2016, following the company’s 2Q16 earnings release.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Distribution Guidance v
    Earnings Report

    Why DCP Midstream Partners’ Coverage Ratio Could Increase

    DPM has substantial liquidity of $1.25 billion under its revolver credit facility. With a current debt-to-EBITDA ratio of 3.3x and a TTM coverage ratio of 1.1x, DPM has a cushion for raising fresh capital.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///anr
    Energy & Utilities

    Why Barclays Raised Cheniere Energy’s Target Price

    Barclays recently raised Cheniere Energy’s target price to $62 from $58. Cheniere Energy’s recent deal with Trafigura could be one of the reasons.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Best
    Macroeconomic Analysis

    Transmontaigne Partners: Best Midstream MLP Performer on September 29

    Transmontaigne Partners (TLP) was the best performer among midstream MLPs at the end of trading on Tuesday, September 29. It rose 2.09%.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Analyst Recommendation
    Company & Industry Overviews

    Should You Include Buckeye Partners in Your Portfolio?

    Buckeye Partners’ (BPL) outlook looks positive from a long-term investment standpoint. At a broader level, ~54% of analysts rate Buckeye Partners as “hold.”

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///anr
    Miscellaneous

    Analysts’ Recommendations for Cheniere Energy

    The average target price of $53.0 for Cheniere Energy implies a 13.5% price return in the next 12 months from its February 17 closing price of $46.7.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Gainers
    Macroeconomic Analysis

    Energy Transfer Equity, Sunoco Logistics: June 24’s MLP Gainers

    After losing for two straight days, Energy Transfer Equity (ETE) turned around and became the biggest gainer among midstream MLPs by the end of trading on Wednesday, June 24.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///ratings
    Energy & Utilities

    The Top 7 Analyst Favorite MLPs

    Antero Midstream Partners, Viper Energy Partners, and Hoegh LNG Partners have the most “buys” among all the publicly traded limited partnerships.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///ANR
    Energy & Utilities

    A Look at E&P Stocks’ Rating Updates Last Week

    Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO) saw a target price cut by SunTrust Robinson Humphrey last week.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Loser
    Energy & Utilities

    Weakest Upstream Stocks in the Week Ending September 21

    Talos Energy, an exploration and production company involved in offshore drilling, was the weakest upstream stock in the week ending September 21.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///mlp funds
    Miscellaneous

    How MLP Funds Performed in April 2017

    Among MLP funds, ETFs were the top performers in terms of total returns in April, while ETNs were the bottom performers.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///stock _
    Energy & Utilities

    MLPs Recovered Slightly amid Strong Crude Oil Gains

    US crude oil rose 8.6% last week and ended at $67.4 per barrel. Geopolitical tension increased due to the crisis in Syria.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///ETFs
    Macroeconomic Analysis

    Linn Energy’s Losing Streak Continued on Friday, July 31

    Linn Energy’s (LINE) bloodbath continued on Friday with a single day loss of 15.13% as crude oil continued to fall due to excess supply concerns.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///nspc
    Energy & Utilities

    Energy Transfer Equity Is Underperforming AMLP in 2018

    Energy Transfer Equity (ETE) has gained 3.3% since the beginning of 2018. The Alerian MLP ETF (AMLP), which is comprised of 25 energy MLPs has risen 7.8%.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Gains
    Energy & Utilities

    Downstream MLPs among Top MLP Gainers Last Week

    US downstream MLPs, including Calumet Specialty Products Partners (CLMT), Alon USA Partners (ALDW), and CVR Refining (CVRR), were among the top five MLP gainers last week.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///nspc
    Energy & Utilities

    Why MLPs’ Sluggishness Continued Last Week

    MLPs’ sluggishness continued last week despite strong crude oil. The Alerian MLP Index (^AMZ), which tracks the performance of 50 energy MLPs, fell 1.2% last week.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Gains
    Energy & Utilities

    Top MLP Gainers in the Week Ending April 20

    Navios Maritime Midstream Partners (NAP) was the top MLP gainer in the week ending April 20. Navios Maritime Partners rallied 29.2%.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///anr
    Energy & Utilities

    Cheniere Energy on the Street: Where Wall Street Analysts Stand

    As of October 18, 80.0% of the analysts surveyed by the Reuters rate Cheniere Energy (LNG) stock a “buy,” while the remaining 20.0% rate it a “hold.”

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///mlp funds
    Miscellaneous

    How MLP-Focused Funds Performed in May 2017

    Among MLP funds, exchange-traded notes fell the most while the exchange-traded funds declined the least.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///anr
    Energy & Utilities

    Energy Transfer Partners Mainly Received ‘Buy’ Ratings

    As of August 23, 2017, 82.0% of the analysts rate Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) as a “buy” and the remaining 18.0% rate it as a “hold.”

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Loser
    Materials

    Last Week’s Strongest Exploration and Production Stocks

    Black Stone Minerals (BSM), a mineral interest owner structured as an MLP, was the strongest E&P (exploration and production) stock last week, rising 11.1%.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Gains
    Energy & Utilities

    Top MLP Gainers in the Week Ending October 13

    Navios Maritime Midstream Partners (NAP) was the highest MLP gainer in the week ending October 13. It rose 11.4% during the week.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///hedge position
    Company & Industry Overviews

    Which Upstream MLP Could Announce Bankruptcy Next?

    Memorial Production Partners’ (MEMP) liquidity position was better compared to its peers. It doesn’t have significant debt maturity until 2018.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Best
    Macroeconomic Analysis

    JP Energy Partners: Best Midstream MLP Performer on October 22

    JP Energy Partners was the best performer among midstream MLPs at the end of trading on Thursday, October 22, 2015. JP Energy rose 2.6%.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///AM
    Company & Industry Overviews

    Could Antero Midstream Partners Benefit from Strong Earnings?

    Antero Midstream Partners fell 6% last year. However, it had a strong start to the new year. It has risen 6.8% in 2018.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///nspc
    Company & Industry Overviews

    Williams Outperformed AMLP and SPY Last Week

    Williams Companies (WMB) rose 1.2% last week, as compared to the Alerian MLP ETF’s (AMLP) 0.9% rise and the SPDR S&P 500 ETF’s (SPY) 2.2% rise.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Comps
    Company & Industry Overviews

    Where Does DCP Midstream Stand Compared to Its Peers?

    DCP Midstream Partners (DPM) has an enterprise value of $2.7 billion.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Gains
    Materials

    These MLPs Rose More Than 9% in Week Ended January 5

    CVR Partners (UAN) was the top MLP gainer last week, which ended on January 5, 2018. It rose 23.2%.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///ANR
    Company & Industry Overviews

    What Do Analysts Recommend for NuStar Energy?

    90% of analysts rate NuStar Energy a “hold” and the remaining 10% rate it as a “buy.”

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///ANR
    Earnings Report

    Analysts’ Views on Cheniere Energy Ahead of 3Q16 Results

    Analysts’ ratings for Cheniere Energy In this article, we’ll look at what Wall Street analysts recommend for Cheniere Energy (LNG) ahead of its 3Q16 earnings announcement. 72.7% of analysts rate Cheniere Energy a “buy,” 18.2% rate it a “hold,” and the remaining 9.1% rate it a “sell.” The median broker target price of $52.50 for […]

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///top mlp gainer n loser
    Materials

    A Look at the Top Gainers and Underperformers in the MLP Sector

    Legacy Reserves (LGCY), an upstream MLP involved in crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids production, is the top year-to-date MLP gainer.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///ANR
    Company & Industry Overviews

    How Do Analysts View Energy Transfer Equity?

    At a broad level, 50.0% of analysts rate Energy Transfer Equity as a “hold,” 41.7% rate it as a “buy,” and the remaining 8.3% rate it as a “sell.”

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///stock _
    Energy & Utilities

    MLPs Rallied despite Crude Oil’s Weakness Last Week

    MLPs rallied despite crude oil’s weakness last week. The Alerian MLP Index (^AMZ) rose 2.7% during the week and ended at 269.1.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///ETFs
    Macroeconomic Analysis

    Legacy Reserves: Top Upstream MLP Loser on September 22

    The top upstream MLP losers include Legacy Reserves (LGCY), Linn Energy (LINE), Mid-Con Energy Partners (MCEP), and BreitBurn Energy Partners (BBEP).

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///mlp funds returns
    Miscellaneous

    How MLP-Focused ETNs Performed in 1Q17

    MLP-focused funds underperformed the SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY) in the recent quarter.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Analyst Ratings
    Earnings Report

    What Do Analysts Recommend for Kinder Morgan?

    Currently, ~52.6% of analysts rate Kinder Morgan a “buy,” ~42.1% rate it a “hold,” and ~5.3% rate it a “sell.”

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///ANR
    Earnings Report

    What Do Analysts Recommend for WMB and WPZ?

    On a broader level, 57.1% of analysts rate Williams Companies as a “buy,” 35.7% rate it as a “hold,” and 7.2% rate it as a “sell.”

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///NSPC ETP SXL
    Earnings Report

    Energy Transfer Partners, Sunoco Logistics Announced Stake Sale

    Energy Transfer Partners and Sunoco Logistics Partners both surged by 8.4% in the two trading sessions following their 2Q16 earnings announcements.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///anr
    Energy & Utilities

    Analyst Ratings: WMB Has the Most ‘Buys,’ WGP the Most ‘Holds’

    In this article, we’ll look at the analyst recommendations for the four peers in this series. Let’s start with Energy Transfer Equity (ETE).

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Broker Recommendation
    Earnings Report

    Wall Street Recommendations for Kinder Morgan since 2Q Earnings

    At a broader level, ~81.8% of Wall Street analysts rate Kinder Morgan a “buy,” ~13.6% rate it a “hold,” and ~4.5% rate it a “sell.”

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///ANR
    Earnings Report

    What Analysts Recommend for ETP and ETE ahead of Q2 Earnings

    Of Wall Street analysts surveyed by Reuters, 74.0% of analysts rate ETE as a “buy” and the remaining 26.0% rate it as a “hold” as of July 28.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Loss
    Energy & Utilities

    Top MLP Losses in the Week Ending June 8

    In the week ending June 8, Viper Energy Partners continued to be among the top MLP losses for the second consecutive week.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///AMLP
    Energy & Utilities

    These MLPs Have the Highest Correlations with Natural Gas

    In this series, we’ll look at the MLPs that have the highest correlations with natural gas amid the volatility in natural gas prices.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • uploads///Part
    Energy & Utilities

    What Wall Street Analysts Recommend for Cheniere Energy

    Cheniere Energy’s MLP subsidiary, Cheniere Energy Partners (CQP), has “hold” ratings from 53.3% of analysts.

    By Kurt Gallon
  • Market Realist Logo

    © Copyright 2022 Market Realist. Market Realist is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.