Black Friday, the traditional day for retailers to get “in the black” with major holiday sales, is happening now. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and concerns about overcrowding in stores, most popular U.S. retailers have been offering Black Friday deals throughout November. The deal will also extend into December.
Usually, Cyber Monday has been the day for online shopping deals. The line between Black Friday and Cyber Monday has blurred in 2020. Plenty of retailers already started their Cyber Monday discounts, some of which are even better than Black Friday sale prices.
Does Amazon do Cyber Monday?
Amazon plans to offer Cyber Monday specials, which actually start on Friday, Nov. 27. Some new deals will be unveiled daily. Amazon Prime subscribers will likely gain the most from shopping on Cyber Monday at Amazon due to unlimited free two-day shipping.
If you plan to shop mainly on Amazon this year, it might be worthwhile to sign up for a one-month Prime membership just to take advantage of Black Friday and Cyber Monday prices.
Business Insider noted that some products will likely be available at steep discounts on Cyber Monday in limited quantities. Items in most categories will be discounted at some point between Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Amazon’s Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday
For Amazon shoppers, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals will largely merge into one another. New deals will be revealed daily. As in-demand items sell out, newly discounted items will likely take their place.
One Cyber Monday deal is Amazon’s Music Unlimited streaming service, which will be offered free for three months until the end of 2020. A new subscription to Audible Plus is discounted by $3 per month for six months.
What time does Cyber Monday start?
Although Cyber Monday is Nov. 30, many of the deals are similar to Black Friday deals. So, you may not notice much of a difference in the prices.
The following are some Cyber Monday deals that you can snag early.
- Amazon has deals on Apple AirPods, the iPad Air 4, the iRobot Roomba, the Apple Watch, and the MacBook Air.
- Best Buy has deals on 4K TVs, the Microsoft Surface Pro 7, and smartwatches.
- Walmart has deals on VIZIO 4K TVs, headphones, the Instant Pot, and the Nespresso Bundle.
What will people buy on Cyber Monday?
One of the in-demand items in 2020 is the Sony Playstation 5, which is nearly impossible to find anywhere because of low stock. However, you might check major retailers like Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, Gamestop, or Target for a chance at lucky timing to buy one.
According to Techradar, many items like laptops, 4K TVs, kitchen appliances, headphones, and more are greatly discounted on Cyber Monday at various retailers. The Instant Pot is marked down at Walmart, while Keurig coffeemakers are marked down at Best Buy.
Other deals include:
- Dell has laptops from $449.
- Microsoft has deals on the Surface Pro 7.
- Best Buy has deals on TVs, laptops, and headphones.
- Amazon is offering $10 off a Lego purchase with a $50 purchase.
- Tempur-Pedic has a 30 percent discount on the Tempur-Cloud mattress.
- Target has deals on TVs, laptops, and more.
- Walmart is offering up to 50 percent off laptops, Instant Pot, 4K TVs, and more.
- Lowe’s has major appliances from $396.
- Nike has deals on apparel and shoes.