Lower target price
The expected weakness in PVH’s (PVH) second-quarter sales and a projected decline in its adjusted earnings caused multiple analysts to lower the target price. Weakness in the United States and China is expected to hurt PVH’s top line. Currency volatility remains a drag. Management also lowered the company’s fiscal earnings outlook, which didn’t sit well with investors. Analysts made the following reductions:
- Citigroup lowered the target price to $91 from $128.
- Morgan Stanley lowered the target price to $151 from $164.
- RBC reduced its target price to $125 from $145.
- A. Davidson trimmed its target price from $150 to $105.
- Cowen reduced its target price to $98 from $120.
Analysts’ ratings and target price
Despite PVH’s weak sales and earnings projection for the second quarter, most of the analysts maintained a favorable outlook on the stock. Among the 19 analysts covering PVH stock, 14 recommended a “buy,” while five analysts recommended a “hold.”
Analysts’ consensus target price of $127.12 on PVH stock indicates a potential upside of 50.5% based on its closing price of $84.49 on May 30.