Analysts’ target price and ratings
Analysts have a consensus target price of $241.27 per share on Costco (COST) stock, which indicates an upside of 5.9%, based on its closing price $227.82 on March 8. Among the analysts covering Costco stock, 16 analysts say “buy” and 11 have a “hold” recommendation. None of the analysts have a “sell” rating.
Analysts have a positive outlook on Costco stock, given the company’s phenomenal performance on the sales and earnings fronts. Analysts expect the company to sustain its growth momentum over the coming quarters. However, the growth rate is expected to decelerate. Also, the consensus target price indicates a limited upside since most of the positives are priced into the stock.
Recent analyst activity on Costco
Costco’s impressive financial performance led numerous analysts to raise their target prices on the stock. Analysts made the following changes:
- Cowen raised its target price for Costco to $250 from $242.
- UBS increased its target price to $270 from $260.
- Stifel hiked its target price to $247 from $245.
- Raymond James increased its target price to $250 from $240.
- Jefferies raised its target price to $210 from $206.
- RBC hiked its target price to $250 from $235.
- J.P. Morgan increased its target price to $248 from $240.
- Oppenheimer raised its target price to $245 from $240.