uploads/2019/02/Chart-3-Rating-3-1.png

Analysts Recommend ‘Buys’ on Booking Holdings ahead of Q4 Earnings

By

Updated

Bullish stance

Booking Holdings (BKNG) has a consensus rating of ~2.18 from analysts polled by Reuters, and there’s a consensus “buy” opinion on the stock. Analysts are bullish about the company and foresee strong growth in its stock price. Booking Holdings’ consistently strong quarterly performances and encouraging earnings outlook for the fourth quarter have instilled confidence among analysts.

Most analysts have recommended “strong buys” or “buys” on Booking Holdings. These recommendations represent ~64% of the 33 analysts covering the stock. The remaining 36% of analysts have recommended “holds” on the stock. Analysts have given Booking Holdings a target price of $2,165.00, a potential ~13.6% surge from its current level of $1,906.31.

Article continues below advertisement

Peers’ ratings

Analysts have a mixed opinion on the other players in the online travel booking industry (IYW). They’ve provided a “buy” recommendation on Expedia (EXPE) but “hold” recommendations on Ctrip.com International (CTRP) and TripAdvisor (TRIP).

Seven out of 32 analysts have given Expedia “strong buy” ratings, 15 have given it “buy” ratings, and the remaining ten have given it “hold” ratings. Analysts’ target price of $153.43 represents a potential 19.8% increase from its current price of $128.10.

Three out of 32 analysts have given Ctrip “strong buy” ratings, ten have given it “buy” ratings, 16 have given it “hold” ratings, and three have given it a “sell” rating. Its target price of $34.48 represents a potential 6% increase from its current price of $32.52.

Two out of 25 analysts have given TripAdvisor “buy” ratings, 18 have given it “hold” ratings, three have given it “sell” ratings, and the remaining two have given it “strong sell” ratings. Analysts have a consensus target price of $56.81 on the stock, which signifies an upside of 4.5% from the current market price of $54.38.

Advertisement

More From Market Realist