uploads///tshirt _

What Are Analysts Recommending for Hanesbrands?

By

Jan. 9 2019, Updated 8:04 a.m. ET

On the sidelines

As of January 7, of the 15 analysts covering Hanesbrands (HBI) stock, 40% recommend a “buy.” The remaining 60% of the analysts have given HBI a “hold” rating.

Hanesbrands is one of the leading names in the apparel space in the US. The performance of its Champion brand remains robust. Also, acquisitions are contributing to top-line growth. However, the weakness in the innerwear segment is a major concern.

Article continues below advertisement

Innerwear sales deteriorated in all three quarters of 2018. Nonetheless, management expects better shipments and point-of-sale alignment to drive the segment’s performance in the holiday quarter. Given the troubles, Hanesbrands stock was down 40.0% in 2018. As of January 7, the stock has gained 6.2% and last closed trading at $13.31.

In January so far, there have been two price target changes for HBI. On January 2, Wells Fargo slashed its price target to $14.00 from $18.00. On January 7, UBS lowered the price target to $13.50 from $17.50 earlier. Currently, analysts’ 12-month average price target for Hanesbrands stock is $18.57, which reflects 39.5% upside to the stock’s price on January 7.

Ratings for peers

Of the 21 analysts covering Ralph Lauren (RL) stock, 29% rated it a “buy,” while 62% gave it a “hold” rating. On January 2, Wells Fargo cut its price target to $125.00 from $130.00. On January 7, UBS upped the rating to “neutral” from “sell.” Currently, analysts’ price target for RL is $134.71, indicating a 26.3% upside to its January 7 stock price.

85.0% of the 20 analysts covering PVH (PVH) stock have given it a “buy” rating, while the remaining have rated it a “hold.” On January 2, Wells Fargo lowered its price target for PVH to $125.00 from $140.00. On January 7, UBS also lowered the price target to $145.00 from $170.00, but raised the rating to “buy.” The mean price target for PVH is $140.68, suggesting a 42.7% upside to the stock price.

About 18% of the 33 analysts covering Under Armour (UAA) stock have given it a “buy” rating, and another 55.0% rated it a “hold.” On January 7, UBS cut the price target to $20.00 from $24.00 earlier. The mean target price for UAA is $20.41, suggesting a 9.3% upside to its stock price.

Advertisement

More From Market Realist

  • Man going into a tax preparation office
    Consumer
    Should I File a Tax Extension Before the Tax Deadline?
  • Thai Airways plane
    Consumer
    Thai Airways (TAWNF) Is Risky, Best to Avoid the Penny Stock
  • A "now hiring" sign outside a Popeyes restaurant, one sign that employers are having trouble finding employees willing to work for current wages.
    Consumer
    Why Employers Are Struggling To Fill Jobs Despite High Unemployment
  • Beyond Meat patties in a grocery cart
    Consumer
    Buying the Dip on Beyond Meat (BYND) Stock Is a Risky Move
  • CONNECT with Market Realist
  • Link to Facebook
  • Link to Twitter
  • Link to Instagram
  • Link to Email Subscribe
Market Realist Logo
Do Not Sell My Personal Information

© Copyright 2021 Market Realist. Market Realist is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.