uploads///Title

Analyzing Stanley Black & Decker’s Stock Performance

By

Jan. 18 2019, Updated 8:12 a.m. ET

Stanley Black & Decker’s upcoming earnings

Stanley Black & Decker (SWK) is scheduled to announce its fourth-quarter earnings on January 22 before the market opens. The company plans to hold a conference call at 8:00 AM EST on January 22. In this series, we’ll discuss Stanley Black & Decker’s stock performance since its third-quarter earnings. We’ll discuss analysts’ revenue and EPS estimates and recommendations.

Article continues below advertisement

Stock performance since Q3

Stanley Black & Decker announced its third-quarter earnings on October 25. The company reported revenue growth of 4% and adjusted EPS growth of 6% compared to the previous year. Since the third-quarter earnings, Stanley Black & Decker has gained 15.5% and outperformed the S&P 500 (SPY), which has declined 2.6%. Illinois Tool Works (ITW) and 3M (MMM) have gained 8.1% and 3.6%, respectively, while Dover (DOV) has declined 3.25%.

Stanley Black & Decker’s strong performance came on the back of some positive developments in its business. The company acquired a 20% stake in MTD Products for $234 million. Stanley Black & Decker has the option to pick the remaining 80% stake after July 1, 2021. The company also acquired International Equipment Solutions Attachments Group for $690 million in cash. Stanley Black & Decker announced a partnership. Home Depot will become the exclusive home improvement retailer for Stanley hand tools and storage portfolio.

Moving averages and relative strength index

After a significant gain, Stanley Black & Decker stock is trading 1.8% above its 100-day moving average of $130.4, which indicates that the stock is recovering some of its lost ground. Stanley Black & Decker’s 14-day RSI (relative strength index) score of 63 indicates that it isn’t overbought or oversold. An RSI score below 30 indicates that a stock might be oversold, while an RSI score above 70 indicates that a stock might be overbought.

Advertisement

More From Market Realist

  • Honeywell sign
    Earnings Report
    CNBC Pro Stocks to Buy Before Q1 Earnings
  • Men walking by Morgan Stanley headquarters
    Financials
    Morgan Stanley’s (MS) Stock Forecast Before Q1 Earnings
  • Carnival cruise ship sailing
    Consumer
    Carnival's (CCL) Stock Forecast Before Q1 Business Update
  • GameStop store
    Consumer
    GME's Earnings Are Coming: Will It Be Mayday for Shorts or WallStreetBets?
  • CONNECT with Market Realist
  • Link to Facebook
  • Link to Twitter
  • Link to Instagram
  • Link to Email Subscribe
Market Realist Logo
Do Not Sell My Personal Information

© Copyright 2021 Market Realist. Market Realist is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.