uploads///nerf _

Analysts Remain Bullish on Hasbro Entering into 2019

By

Dec. 20 2018, Updated 3:31 p.m. ET

Why the bullish stance?

Renowned toymaker Hasbro (HAS) has had a rough year due to the liquidation of Toys “R” Us. The rise in online retailers and inventory clearance troubles have also remained a drag on its European operations. Foreign exchange volatility reduced its overall top line by $32.0 million in the third quarter of 2018.

Despite all these headwinds, on Hasbro’s third-quarter conference call, CEO Brian Goldner stated that the company would return to growth in 2019 and beyond. Product innovation is likely to be the company’s biggest growth driver. It’s expanding its international presence, especially in emerging markets. It’s also ramping up its digital gaming business, which includes immersive experiences.

Most analysts have retained their “buy” ratings on Hasbro despite its mediocre sales performance in 2018 so far. About 63% of the 16 analysts covering HAS have rated the stock as a “buy,” while 37% have rated it as a “hold.”

There have been no price changes for Hasbro in December. Currently, analysts’ 12-month average target price for the stock is $105.14, which reflects a potential 30.6% upside from its price on December 19.

Article continues below advertisement

Analysts’ ratings for other toymakers

Mattel (MAT) is rated as a “hold” by 75% of the 16 analysts covering its stock. Another 19% have rated it as a “buy,” and the remaining 6% have rated it as a “sell.” The 12-month average target price for MAT is $14.38, which reflects a potential 40.0% upside as of December 19.

Of the 20 analysts covering Take-Two Interactive Software (TTWO) stock, 85% have given it “buy” ratings, and the remaining 15% have given it “holds.” The stock’s 12-month average target price is $142.90, which reflects a potential 38.7% upside. On December 18, Buckingham Research commenced coverage on Take-Two Interactive with a “buy” rating and a price target of $130.00.

Of the four analysts covering Jakks Pacific (JAKK) stock, 75% have rated it as a “hold,” and the rest have rated it as a “buy.” The stock’s 12-month average target price is $2.63, which reflects a potential 23.5% upside.

Advertisement

More From Market Realist

  • Man going into a tax preparation office
    Consumer
    Should I File a Tax Extension Before the Tax Deadline?
  • Thai Airways plane
    Consumer
    Thai Airways (TAWNF) Is Risky, Best to Avoid the Penny Stock
  • A "now hiring" sign outside a Popeyes restaurant, one sign that employers are having trouble finding employees willing to work for current wages.
    Consumer
    Why Employers Are Struggling To Fill Jobs Despite High Unemployment
  • Beyond Meat patties in a grocery cart
    Consumer
    Buying the Dip on Beyond Meat (BYND) Stock Is a Risky Move
  • CONNECT with Market Realist
  • Link to Facebook
  • Link to Twitter
  • Link to Instagram
  • Link to Email Subscribe
Market Realist Logo
Do Not Sell My Personal Information

© Copyright 2021 Market Realist. Market Realist is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.