uploads///Chart

MedMen’s Must-Know Revenue Drivers

By

Nov. 20 2020, Updated 2:43 p.m. ET

MedMen’s revenues

MedMen’s (MMNFF) reported revenues are generated from direct sales through its retail stores. The company has reported no material revenues from cultivation or production wholesale operations in the fiscal year ended June 30.

The above chart compares the company’s revenue trend since the third quarter of 2017 with estimates for the third quarter of 2018.

Article continues below advertisement

Revenue drivers

MedMen’s revenues include direct sales from its retail stores in California, Nevada, and New York. MedMen reported 90% of its revenues from sales in California during the previous financial year, which ended on June 30, while the remaining 10% of its revenues came from sales in Nevada and New York.

During the fourth quarter of 2018, which ended on June 30, MedMen reported revenues of $19.2 million from its operations in California, New York, and Nevada—28.4% growth from $15.0 million in the third quarter of 2018.

California retail locations reported revenues of $17.7 million during the fourth quarter of 2018, compared to $14.4 million during the third quarter of 2018.

Revenue estimates

As the chart above shows, Wall Street analysts’ expect revenues for the third quarter of 2018 to increase to $22.3 million, compared to revenues of ~$1.7 million during the third quarter of 2017.

The Horizons Marijuana Life Sciences Index ETF (HMMJ) invests in companies focused on the cultivation and production of cannabis. HMMJ invests 11.6% of its portfolio in Canopy Growth (WEED), 0.5% in WeedMD (WMD), and 1.0% in Vivo Cannabis (VIVO).

Advertisement

More From Market Realist

    • CONNECT with Market Realist
    • Link to Facebook
    • Link to Twitter
    • Link to Instagram
    • Link to Email Subscribe
    Market Realist Logo

    © Copyright 2021 Market Realist. Market Realist is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.