US Specialized Therapeutics segment
Allergan’s (AGN) US Specialized Therapeutics segment includes revenue from the US sales of specialized products, including eye care products, medical esthetics products, dermatology products, neuroscience products, and urology products.
The chart above compares the revenues for the US Specialized Therapeutics segment since the first quarter of 2017.
US Specialized Therapeutics revenue
Allergan’s US Specialized Therapeutics segment reported revenue of $1.83 billion in the second quarter. The performances of the segment’s products in the quarter were as follows:
- Eye care products reported a 2.2% fall in YoY (year-over-year) revenue to $587.0 million. The fall was driven by lower sales of Restasis and Lumigan/Ganfort, and it was partially offset by growth in the sales of other products.
- Medical esthetics products reported a 15.5% rise in YoY revenue to $743.6 million, including revenue from plastic surgery, regenerative medicines, facial esthetics, body contouring, and skincare products.
- The plastic surgery franchise, including breast implants, reported revenue of $75.9 million.
- Regenerative medicines, including Alloderm, Strattice, and other products, reported revenue of $137.6 million.
- Facial esthetics products, including Botox, Juvederm, and Kybella, reported revenue of $387.5 million.
- Body contouring products reported revenue of $108.3 million.
- Skincare products, including Latisse, reported revenue of $34.3 million.
- The medical dermatology franchise reported a 30.9% fall in YoY revenue to $54.0 million driven by lower sales of Aczone and Tazorac.
- The neuroscience and urology franchise reported a 13.9% rise in YoY revenue to $424.4 million driven by the increased sales of Botox therapeutic products.