uploads///NAT

NAT, EURN, TNK: Which One Do Analysts Like the Most?

By

Jul. 5 2018, Updated 7:30 a.m. ET

Analyst recommendations

In the previous part of this series, we discussed Wall Street analysts’ recommendations for the two top-performing crude tanker stocks so far this year: DHT Holdings (DHT) and Frontline (FRO). In this part, we’ll look at analysts’ recommendations for the other three top crude tanker stocks.

Article continues below advertisement

Nordic American Tankers

Analysts’ consensus rating for Nordic American Tankers (NAT) is 3.33, which means a “hold.” None of the analysts recommended a “buy” or an equivalent as of June 28. Approximately 66% have recommended a “hold,” while the remaining 34% of analysts recommend a “sell” or some equivalent.

Analysts’ consensus target price for Nordic American Tankers was $2.28 as of June 28. Currently, NAT is trading at $2.62, which implies a potential downside of 13.0% in the next 12 months at the current price.

Euronav

Analysts’ consensus rating for Euronav (EURN) is two, which means a “buy.” About 80% of the analysts have recommended a “buy” or some equivalent as of June 28. The remaining 20% of analysts have recommended a “hold,” while none of the analysts recommended a “sell” or equivalent. Analysts’ consensus target price for Euronav was $10.89 as of June 28. Currently, Euronav is trading at $9.15, which implies a return of 19.0% in the next 12 months at the current price.

Teekay Tankers

Analysts’ consensus rating for Teekay Tankers (TNK) is 2.4, which means a “buy.” 50% of the analysts recommended a “buy” or some equivalent as of June 28 for TNK. Approximately 37% have recommended a “hold,” while the remaining 13% of the analysts recommend a “sell” or some equivalent.

Analysts’ consensus target price for Teekay Tankers was $1.66 as of June 28. Currently, TNK is trading at $1.17, which implies a potential upside of 41.8% in the next 12 months at the current price.

Advertisement

More From Market Realist

    • CONNECT with Market Realist
    • Link to Facebook
    • Link to Twitter
    • Link to Instagram
    • Link to Email Subscribe
    Market Realist Logo
    Do Not Sell My Personal Information

    © Copyright 2021 Market Realist. Market Realist is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.