Wall Street Largely Bullish on Hologic Stock in March



Analyst recommendations

Hologic (HOLX) is a leading player in women’s health technologies and is focused on providing solutions for early detection and treatment of women’s health conditions. The company offers products across its five divisions: Breast, Diagnostics, Surgical, Aesthetics, and Skeletal. The company registered strong 1Q18 results on February 8, 2018, surpassing analysts’ estimates. In this part of the series, we’ll take a look at Wall Street’s ratings and 12-month target prices for HOLX stock.

Article continues below advertisement

On March 29, 2018, according to a recent Reuters survey that included 20 brokerage firms covering HOLX stock, 75% of them have a “buy” or “strong buy” recommendation for HOLX stock. The remaining 25% have a “hold” rating for the stock. None of the analysts have rated Hologic a “sell.” You can check out the recommendation summary provided over the last few months for Hologic stock in the above chart.

Target prices

On March 29, 2018, the consensus Wall Street analyst target price for a 12-month investment in Hologic stock was $47.63. That implies a 12-month investment return potential of ~27.4%. The return is calculated on the basis of HOLX stock’s closing price of $37.39 on March 28, 2018.

As of March 29, 2018, Hologic’s peers Varian Medical Systems (VAR), GE Healthcare (GE), and Royal Philips (PHG) have average analyst target prices of $114.75, $17.66, and $46.80, respectively, for a 12-month investment in the stocks. These targets imply 12-month investment return potentials of -5.6%, 29.1%, and 23.1%, respectively, for the stocks.

Analysts’ recent rating updates and revisions

On March 26, 2018, Goldman Sachs cut its target price for HOLX stock from $50 to $43 and maintained its “buy” rating for the stock. On February 10, 2018, Canaccord Genuity also cut its target price on Hologic stock, from $50 to $48. In similar moves, on February 9, 2018, Deutsche Bank and Leerink Partners decreased their 12-month target prices on HOLX stock from $46 to $44 and $51 to $48, respectively. That same day, Stifel downgraded its rating on Hologic stock from a “buy” to a “hold.” These rating revisions were provided after Hologic released its 1Q18 results on February 8, 2018.


More From Market Realist