uploads///anr

MLP Rating Updates for the Week Ended March 30

By

Apr. 3 2018, Updated 11:05 a.m. ET

Cheniere Energy Partners

Cheniere Energy Partners (CQP), the MLP midstream subsidiary of Cheniere Energy (LNG), saw an upward revision of its target price last week. Citigroup increased its target price to $39 from $37. About 50% of analysts rate CQP a “hold,” and the remaining 50% rate it a “buy.” CQP’s average target price of $34.90 implies a 21% upside potential from its current price.

Article continues below advertisement

Summit Midstream Partners

Citigroup lowered Summit Midstream Partners’ (SMLP) target price to $18 from $21. About 44.4% of analysts rate SMLP a “buy,” 33.3% rate it a “hold,” and the remaining 22.2% rate it a “sell.” SMLP’s average target price of $20.90 implies a 49% upside potential from its current price.

Enable Midstream Partners

Citigroup upgraded Enable Midstream Partners (ENBL) last week to a “buy” from a “neutral,” which is equivalent to a “hold.” However, it reduced the target price to $15.50 from $16.30. About 45.5% of analysts rate ENBL a “buy,” 36.4% rate it a “hold,” and the remaining 18.2% rate it a “sell.” ENBL’s average target price of $17.20 implies a 25% upside potential from its current price.

Article continues below advertisement

Western Gas Partners

Western Gas Partners (WES) and its GP (general partner) Western Gas Equity Partners (WGP) were upgraded by Citigroup last week. It raised them both to a “buy” from a “neutral.” However, it reduced their target prices as follows.

  • WES: $46 from $55
  • WGP: $40 from $41

About 61.1% of analysts rate WES a “buy,” and the remaining 38.9% rate it a “hold.” About 53.3% rate WGP a “hold,” and the remaining 46.7% rate it a “buy.” WES’s and WGP’s average target prices of $57.90 and $45.70, respectively, imply a 36% and 38% upside potential, respectively, from their current price levels.

Tallgrass Energy Partners

Tallgrass Energy Partners (TEP) saw a rating downgrade and two downward target price revisions following the merger announcement with Tallgrass Energy GP (TEGP). Stifel lowered TEP to a “hold” from a “buy.” The target price revisions include the following:

  • Citigroup: $41 from $51
  • Morgan Stanley: $42 from $48

Half of the analysts rate TEP a “buy,” and the remaining 50% rate it a “hold.” TEP’s average target price of $46.70 implies a 23% upside potential from its current price level.

Dominion Midstream Energy Partners

Dominion Midstream Energy Partners (DM) continues to see rating downgrades and target price cuts following the recent FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission) tax ruling. Last week, Evercore ISI lowered the partnership to “in-line,” which is equivalent to a “hold,” from “outperform,” which is equivalent to a “buy.” The target price revisions include the following:

  • Evercore ISI: reduced to $16
  • Citigroup: $16 from $35
  • RBC Capital Markets: $20 from $24

About 64.3% of analysts rate DM a “hold,” and the remaining 35.7% rate it a “buy.” DM’s average target price of $24.40 implies a 59% upside potential from its current price level.

Advertisement

More From Market Realist

  • Recon Africa employees
    Energy & Utilities
    Is Recon Africa a Multi Bagger Stock You Should Buy?
  • Dr. Donald Sadoway (second from left) pictured with Paula S. Aspell, David Pogue, and Chris Schmidt
    Energy & Utilities
    Ambri Expands in the Liquid Metal Battery Space, Still Privately Held
  • Valero gas station
    Energy & Utilities
    Valero Energy’s Prospects in 2021, Rebound in Energy and Gas
  • Crude oil pumpjack
    Energy & Utilities
    Oil Stocks Are Going Down, Lower Prices Could Help Markets
  • CONNECT with Market Realist
  • Link to Facebook
  • Link to Twitter
  • Link to Instagram
  • Link to Email Subscribe
Market Realist Logo
Do Not Sell My Personal Information

© Copyright 2021 Market Realist. Market Realist is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.