uploads///tablets _

Johnson & Johnson’s Revenues Continued to Rise in 1Q18

By

Nov. 20 2020, Updated 5:20 p.m. ET

Johnson & Johnson’s revenues

Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) reported 12.6% growth in its revenues to $20.0 billion during 1Q18 as compared to revenues of $17.8 billion during 1Q17. The company surpassed Wall Street analyst estimates for EPS (earnings per share) and revenues and reported EPS of $2.06 on revenues of $20.0 billion during 1Q18 against estimates for EPS of $2.00 on revenues of $19.4 billion during 1Q17.

The above chart shows revenues for Johnson & Johnson since 1Q16.

Article continues below advertisement

Revenue performance in 1Q18

Johnson & Johnson reported growth of 8.4% in its top line at constant exchange rates to $20.0 billion during 1Q18. Also, a favorable impact of foreign exchange contributed ~4.2% to revenue growth, resulting in total growth of ~12.6% during 1Q18.

US markets saw a 6.1% increase in revenues to $10.0 billion during 1Q18. International markets saw a 19.9% increase in revenues to $10.1 billion including operational growth of 10.9% and a 9.0% favorable impact of foreign exchange in 1Q18.

European markets reported a 24.3% increase in revenues to $4.8 billion driven by 10.0% operational growth and a favorable impact of foreign exchange. The Western Hemisphere (excluding the US) markets saw 7.8% growth in revenues to $1.6 billion, driven by 7.2% operational growth and a favorable impact of foreign exchange. The Asia-Pacific and Africa markets reported 20.1% growth in revenues to $3.7 billion, driven by 13.7% operational growth, and a favorable impact of foreign exchange.

The iShares Morningstar Large-Cap ETF (JKD) holds 17.4% of its total investments in healthcare companies. JKD holds 4.6% in Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), 2.1% in AbbVie (ABBV), 1.6% in Medtronic (MDT), and 1.5% in Abbott Laboratories (ABT).

Check out all the data we have added to our quote pages. Now you can get a valuation snapshot, earnings and revenue estimates, and historical data as well as dividend info. Take a look!

Advertisement

More From Market Realist

    • CONNECT with Market Realist
    • Link to Facebook
    • Link to Twitter
    • Link to Instagram
    • Link to Email Subscribe
    Market Realist Logo
    Do Not Sell My Personal Information

    © Copyright 2021 Market Realist. Market Realist is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.