uploads///

What Analysts Are Recommending for Papa John’s after 4Q17 Earnings

By

Mar. 6 2018, Updated 9:01 a.m. ET

Target price

As of March 1, 2018, Papa John’s (PZZA) was trading at $60.04. On the same day, analysts were expecting the company’s stock price to reach $66.43 in the next 12 months, which represents a return potential of 10.6%.

The lower-than-expected 4Q17 EPS appear to have prompted analysts to lower their 12-month target price for Papa John’s. After the announcement of 4Q17 earnings, Jefferies cut its target price from $60 to $52, and Longbow Research has lowered its target price from $75 to $65.

Article continues below advertisement

Analyst ratings

Of the seven analysts that follow Papa John’s, 42.9% are favoring a “buy,” and 57.1% are favoring a “hold.” None of the analysts are recommending a “sell” option. Papa John’s stock tends to move in tandem with analyst ratings.

Currently, Papa John’s is trading below analysts’ 12-month average target price. However, this doesn’t mean an automatic “buy.” Investors should analyze analyst estimates that we discussed in our earlier articles before making any investment decisions.

Peer comparison

Analysts are expecting Domino’s Pizza (DPZ) to reach $236.68 in the next 12 months, which represents a return potential of 6.2%. Of the 21 analysts that follow Domino’s, 57.1% are favoring a “buy,” and 42.9% are favoring a “hold.”

In the next 12 months, analysts are expecting Yum! Brands (YUM) stock price to reach $85.63, which represents a return potential of 7.4%. Of the 25 analysts that follow Yum! Brands, 44.0% are favoring a “buy,” and the remaining 56% are favoring a “hold.”

Advertisement

More From Market Realist

    • CONNECT with Market Realist
    • Link to Facebook
    • Link to Twitter
    • Link to Instagram
    • Link to Email Subscribe
    Market Realist Logo
    Do Not Sell My Personal Information

    © Copyright 2021 Market Realist. Market Realist is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.