Analysts’ ratings for Energy Transfer Partners

Stifel raised its target price for Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) to $27 from $21‍ following its 4Q17 earnings announcement. Energy Transfer Equity (ETE) also saw an upward target price revision from Morgan Stanley. It raised the GP’s (general partner’s) target price to $24 from $23 while maintaining an “overweight” rating, which is equivalent to a “buy.”

Most Analysts Rate Energy Transfer Partners a ‘Buy’

ETP saw a rating downgrade from U.S. Capital Advisors at the beginning of this year. It lowered ETP to a “hold” from “overweight.” Now, 75% of analysts surveyed by Reuters rate Energy Transfer Partners a “buy,” and the remaining 25% rate it a “hold” as of February 28, 2018. ETP is currently trading below the low range ($20) of analysts’ target price. Its average target price of $24.10 implies a 32% upside potential from its current price level.

Peer ratings

Energy Transfer Equity has “buy” ratings from 77.8% of analysts covering the stock. Enterprise Products Partners (EPD) and Williams Partners (WPZ) have “buy” ratings from 96.3% and 80.2% of analysts, respectively.

For more coverage on midstream companies, be sure to check out Market Realist’s Energy MLPs page.

Latest articles

MedMen (MMNFF) (MMEN) closed 1.9% higher on Thursday. The company launched a 2020 ballot initiative called “Make it Legal Florida."

On Thursday, James Anderson of Baillie Gifford did an interview with Manager Magazin. Anderson discussed why he thinks Tesla could work without Musk.

Most consumer stocks are outperforming broader markets this year. Investors are flocking to consumer stocks amid fears about an economic downturn.

HEXO reported its third-quarter earnings on June 12. The company reported revenues of $13.0 million, which fell short of analysts’ estimate.

The Hot Chips 31 Symposium started this week. Artificial intelligence was the hot topic among participants Intel, NVIDIA, and Advanced Micro Devices.

Today, Slack (WORK) opened 4.5% higher after MKM Partners analyst Rohit Kulkarni gave Slack stock a "buy" rating with a target price of $40.