uploads/2018/03/analyst-recom-3-1.jpg

Kinder Morgan: What Wall Street Analysts Say

By

Updated

Analysts’ recommendations for KMI

On March 21, 2018, Bank of America upgraded Kinder Morgan (KMI) stock to “buy” from “neutral,” with a price target of $20.00. On March 22, Wells Fargo cut KMI’s price target from $21.00 to $20.00.

Of the analysts surveyed by Reuters, 57.0% rated Kinder Morgan as a “buy.” Of these, 28.5% rated KMI as a “strong buy,” 28.5% rated it as a “buy,” and the remaining 43.0% rated Kinder Morgan as a “hold.”

The chart above shows the analysts’ recommendations for KMI over the last 12 months. As the graph shows, none of the surveyed analysts rated KMI as a “sell.”

The mean target price provided by the surveyed analysts for Kinder Morgan is $22.00. If KMI attains its price target in a year, it would imply an upside of 47.0% from its current price of $15.01.

Article continues below advertisement

Peers’ ratings

All of the surveyed analysts rated Enterprise Products Partners (EPD) as a “buy.” EPD’s mean price target is $31.80, and it’s trading at $24.32. If EPD attains its mean price target in a year, it would imply an upside of 31.0%.

Nearly 58.0% of analysts rate Plains All American Pipeline (PAA) as a “buy.” The median price target for PAA is $25.00, and it’s currently trading at $21.89. If PAA attains its mean price target in a year, it would mean an upside of 14.0%.

In comparison, 78.0% of analysts rate MPLX (MPLX) as a “buy,” and the remaining 22.0% rate it as a “hold.” MPLX is currently trading at $33.13. Its median target price of $42.00 implies an ~27.0% upside potential from the current price levels.

You can learn more about KMI in A Closer Look at Kinder Morgan’s Key Metrics.

Advertisement

More From Market Realist