Analysts’ latest recommendations
Becton, Dickinson and Company (BDX) registered a robust performance in fiscal 1Q18. The company posted its quarterly earnings results for fiscal 1Q18 on February 6, 2018, surpassing analysts’ estimates. For details, read Becton Dickinson’s Fiscal 1Q18 Results Beat Analyst Estimates.
The company also reported a change in its reporting structure following the completion of its Bard acquisition in January 2018. For more information, read BDX’s New Reporting Structure after Bard Acquisition. In this article, we’ll discuss analysts’ latest recommendations and target prices for BDX for the next 12 months.
On March 29, 2018, as per a recent Reuters survey consisting of 20 investment research companies, 60% of analysts (or 12) have provided “buy” or “strong buy” recommendations on BDX. The remaining 40% (or eight) have provided “hold” ratings on BDX. The stock hasn’t received “sell” ratings from any analysts.
On March 29, analysts had a consensus 12-month target price of $241.92 on BDX. This implies a 12-month return potential of ~9% for the stock over the next 12 months. BDX ended trading at a closing price of $212.43 on March 28, 2018.
Peers Medtronic (MDT), Stryker (SYK), and Abbott Laboratories (ABT) have average 12-month target prices of $91.15, $174.96, and $68.22, respectively. These target prices imply a 12-month investment return potentials of 16.2%, 10.8%, and 15.2%, respectively.
Recent recommendation revisions for BDX
On March 6, 2018, BMO initiated coverage on BDX with an “outperform” rating and a 12-month target price of $249. On February 8, 2018, Barclays raised its target price on BDX from $229 to $244 triggered by the strong fiscal 1Q18 results BDX posted on February 6. Wells Fargo, Raymond James, Morgan Stanley, and Jefferies also raised their target prices on the stock on February 7 following the company’s strong fiscal 1Q18 results.