uploads///

Analysts’ Ratings on O’Reilly Automotive Stock after 4Q17 Earnings

By

Nov. 20 2020, Updated 1:01 p.m. ET

Analysts’ views on O’Reilly Automotive

According to the latest data compiled by Thomson Reuters, 68.0% of analysts covering O’Reilly Automotive (ORLY) gave it “buy” recommendations. The remaining 32.0% of these analysts recommended a “hold” on the company’s stock. No analysts out of the total 25 covering the company gave it a “sell” rating.

In the last three months, a higher number of analysts have turned positive on ORLY. Analysts’ high expectations for its fiscal 2018 performance could be a factor in their positive sentiments.

Article continues below advertisement

Consensus target price for next 12 months

According to the consensus data on February 9, O’Reilly Automotive stock has a potential to reach $286.70 in the next 12 months. This next-12-month price target reflected an upside potential of 13.7% from its market price of $252.22.

Despite ORLY’s stagnating sales and profitability, its plan to expand its store count by adding 200 new stores in 2018 could be beneficial to the company’s sales and margins.

Ratings for peers

Analysts’ consensus “buy” recommendations for O’Reilly Automotive’s peers (XLY) with their expected 12-month upside potentials were as follows:

  • About 42% of analysts gave AutoZone (AZO) a “buy” with ~13% upside potential.
  • About 46% of analysts gave Advance Auto Parts (AAP) a “buy” with ~5.8% upside potential for the next 12 months.
  • About 46% of analysts covering General Motors (GM) gave it a “buy” with ~17.5% positive return potential in the next 12 months.

Please visit Market Realist’s Autos page to learn more about automakers’ and auto parts retailers’ 4Q17 earnings reviews.

Advertisement

More From Market Realist

    • CONNECT with Market Realist
    • Link to Facebook
    • Link to Twitter
    • Link to Instagram
    • Link to Email Subscribe
    Market Realist Logo

    © Copyright 2021 Market Realist. Market Realist is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.