PPG Industries’ 4Q17 earnings
In a press release on December 28, 2017, PPG Industries (PPG) said that it will announce its 4Q17 and fiscal earnings on January 18, 2018, before the market opens. There will be a teleconference on the same day to discuss the results at 2:00 PM EST.
In this series, we’ll discuss PPG Industries’ stock performance since its 3Q17 earnings. We’ll look at analysts’ revenue and EPS estimates, analysts’ recommendations, and the company’s updated short interest position.
PPG Industries announced its 3Q17 earnings on October 19, 2017. Since then, PPG Industries has gained 2.90%—the lowest among its peers. It’s also lower than the SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY), which gained 7.90%. PPG Industries’ peers Axalta (AXTA), RPM International (RPM), and Sherwin-Williams (SHW) rose 11.60%, 3.20%, and 9.75%, respectively, during the same period. However, PPG Industries made investors rich by 23.30% in 2017.
Although PPG Industries stock remained muted after 3Q17, the post-business developments are encouraging.
- PPG Industries’ windshield received approval from EASA for the HAWKER 800 series.
- PPG Industries formed a partnership with SiNode Systems for vehicle battery technology.
- The company invested $1.4 million in the Saint-Just-en-Chaussee automotive adhesives and sealants facility.
- PPG Industries announced a new $2.5-billion share repurchase program.
- PPG Industries acquired wholesaler ProCoatings.
- PPG Industries launched new coatings.
These developments show PPG Industries’ steps to drive future growth.
Moving average and RSI
PPG Industries is trading 4.20% above the 100-day moving average price of $112.80, which indicates the upward trend in the stocks. PPG Industries’ 14-day RSI of 55 suggests that the stock isn’t overbought or oversold.
In the next part, we’ll discuss analysts’ revenue estimates for PPG Industries in 4Q17.