Pfizer’s Growth drivers
Pfizer’s (PFE) business is classified into two business segments—the Innovative Health segment and Essential Health segment. The products that are expected to contribute towards Pfizer’s revenue growth include Eliquis, Sulperazon, Lipitor, Chantix/Champix, Lyrica IH, Xalkori, Xeljanz, Celebrex, Medrol, and Xtandi.
The above chart compares the revenues for Pfizer’s key growth contributors in the past few quarters.
Positive growth contributors
The following products contribute to Pfizer’s positive growth:
- Lurica, one of the blockbuster drugs from Pfizer’s portfolio, is expected to report revenue growth during 4Q17. The growth is expected to be driven by increased US sales and partially offset by lower international sales.
- Ibrance, a blockbuster drug that treats advanced breast cancer, is expected to report growth in 4Q17. The growth will likely be driven by strong uptake of the drug in US markets and revenue growth from international markets.
- Lipitor is another blockbuster drug from Pfizer. Lipitor’s revenues are expected to increase during 4Q17 due to strong sales in US and international markets.
- Xeljanz, a blockbuster drug, is expected to report revenue growth during 4Q17. The revenue growth is expected to be driven by strong sales in US and international markets.
- Chantix/Champix, a drug for reducing the urge to smoke, is expected to report growth in 4Q17. The growth is expected due to strong uptake of the drug in US markets and revenue growth in international markets.
- Xalkori is expected to report an increase in its 4Q17 revenues due to strong sales from international markets. Its revenues could be partially offset by lower sales in US markets.
- Sulperazon is expected to report revenue growth in 4Q17 due to strong demand for the drug in international markets.
- Celebrex is expected to report growth in US sales. The growth will likely be offset by lower sales in international markets.