Fleet status report
Ensco (ESV) released its quarterly fleet status report on October 19, 2017, its first fleet report since it acquired Atwood Oceanics (ATW). The fleet report is full of good news. The company acquired almost ten new contracts and extensions.
The details of the new contracts and extensions are as follows:
- Ensco DS 7 was awarded a six-well contract with Noble Energy in the Mediterranean Sea. The contract is expected to begin in March 2018.
- Ensco DS-12, which was formerly the Atwood Achiever, secured a one-well contract with Kosmos Energy. Also, the Ensco 8505 secured a one-well contract in the US Gulf of Mexico.
More contracts for Ensco came in from the jack-up segment.
- Ensco 68 secured a two-well contract with Byron Energy in the US Gulf of Mexico. The contract will begin in November 2017.
- Ensco 75 secured a one-well contract with Talos in the US Gulf of Mexico, and the contract is expected to begin in February 2018.
- The contract for Ensco 109 was extended by one year to December 2018.
- The contract for Ensco 67 was extended by one year up to December 2018.
- The contract for Ensco 101 with Engie in the North Sea was extended by five months to January 2018. Also, the contract on Ensco 72 with Engie in the North Sea was extended by two months up to December 2018.
- The contract for Ensco 115, which was formerly Atwood Orca, was extended by four months to August 2018.