Cheniere Energy on the Street: Where Wall Street Analysts Stand

Kurt Gallon - Author

Nov. 20 2020, Updated 3:34 p.m. ET

Analyst ratings for Cheniere Energy

As of October 18, 2017, 80.0% of the analysts surveyed by the Reuters rate Cheniere Energy (LNG) stock a “buy,” while the remaining 20.0% rate it a “hold.” BMO Capital last initiated coverage of Cheniere Energy with an “outperform” rating, which is equivalent to a “buy.”

Overall, Cheniere Energy has seen four ratings updates in 2017 to date. These include three new coverage initiations with “buy” ratings and one downgrade.

Cheniere Energy Partners (CQP) and Cheniere Energy Partners Holdings (CQH), have “buy” ratings from 57.1% and 60.0% of analysts, respectively.

Article continues below advertisement

Wall Street analysts’ target prices for LNG

Despite the recent rally in LNG stock, Cheniere Energy is still trading below the low range ($50) of the analysts’ target prices. Its average target price of $56.1 implies a ~18.0% upside potential from its current price level as of October 18, 2017.

For more analysis on midstream companies like Cheniere Energy, check out Market Realist’s Master Limited Partnerships page.


Latest Cheniere Energy Inc News and Updates

    © Copyright 2022 Market Realist. Market Realist is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.