uploads///ANR

What Analysts Recommend for ETP and ETE ahead of Q2 Earnings

By

Nov. 20 2020, Updated 2:30 p.m. ET

Energy Transfer Equity

Of Wall Street analysts surveyed by Reuters, 74.0% of analysts rate ETE as a “buy” and the remaining 26.0% rate it as a “hold” as of July 28. Stifel recently initiated coverage on ETE and assigned a “buy” rating. Overall, the GP (general partner) MLP has seen five rating updates since the beginning of this year, including three upgrades, one downgrade, and one instance of new coverage. The average target price of $21.2 for ETE implies an 18.8% return from its current market price.

Article continues below advertisement

Energy Transfer Partners

Of Wall Street analysts surveyed, 86.4% rate ETP a “buy,” and the remaining 13.6% rate it a “hold” as of July 28. ETP was last upgraded by Bernstein from “market perform” to “outperform,” which is equivalent to “buy.” Overall, it has seen four rating updates in 2017, including three upgrades and one downgrade. The partnership’s high buy ratings could be attributed to its attractive valuations. We’ve looked into ETP’s valuation in Part 5 of this series.

ETP’s average target price of $28.5 implies a 38.2% price return from its July 28, 2017, closing price of $20.6. ETP’s peers Williams Partners (WPZ), Enterprise Product Partners (EPD), and MPLX LP (MPLX) have “buy” ratings from 73.6%, 96.3%, and 88.9% of analysts, respectively.

For more pre-earnings analysis on midstream companies, check out our Master Limited Partnerships page.

Advertisement

More From Market Realist

    • CONNECT with Market Realist
    • Link to Facebook
    • Link to Twitter
    • Link to Instagram
    • Link to Email Subscribe
    Market Realist Logo

    © Copyright 2021 Market Realist. Market Realist is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.