Previously in this series, we looked at crude tanker stocks and crude tanker indicators in week 26. We saw that Suezmax rates recovered from lows and VLCC rates fell. In this part, we’ll discuss analysts’ recommendations for crude tankers.
None of the analysts revised the recommendations or target prices for crude tankers in week 26. In the previous week, Navios Maritime Midstream Partners was downgraded by Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
- Nordic American Tankers (NAT) – None of the analysts rated Nordic American Tankers as a “strong buy” or “buy.” Six analysts gave it a “hold” recommendation. One analyst gave the company a “sell” rating, while two gave it a “strong sell.”
- Gener8 Maritime Partners (GNRT) – Eight analysts gave recommendations on Gener8 Maritime. Two analysts recommended a “strong buy” and four recommended a “buy” for the stock. Two analysts gave a “hold” rating. None of the analysts rated the company as a “strong sell” or “sell.”
- Teekay Tankers (TNK) – Eleven analysts gave recommendations for Teekay Tankers. None of the analysts gave a “strong buy” but three analysts gave it a “buy.” Six analysts gave it a “hold,” while two analysts rated the stock as a “sell.”
- Navios Maritime Midstream Partners (NAP) – All four analysts that cover the stock rated it as a “hold.”
- Euronav (EURN) – Out of the 13 analysts that gave recommendations, two analysts rated it as a “strong buy,” seven rated it as a “buy,” and four rated it as a “hold.”
- Tsakos Energy Navigation (TNP) – The company is covered by 12 analysts. Three analysts rated it as a “strong buy,” seven rated it as a “buy,” and two rated it as a “hold.” None of the analysts rated the company as a “sell” or “strong sell.”