Analyst ratings for Williams Companies

In this article, we’ll look at what Wall Street analysts recommend for Williams Companies (WMB). WMB was upgraded by Wells Fargo from “market perform” to “outperform,” which is equivalent of a “buy” rating. Following this upgrade, 65% of analysts rate Williams Companies as a “buy,” and the remaining 35% rate it as a “hold.”

Williams Companies’ Updated Ratings after Wells Fargo Upgrade

The average broker target price of $33.10 for WMB implies a 9.2% price return in the next 12 months from its May 12, 2017, closing price of $30.30. Williams Companies’ peers, Kinder Morgan (KMI) and TransCanada Corporation (TRP), have “buy” ratings from 72.7% and 85.7% of analysts, respectively. Williams Partners (WPZ) WMB has a “buy” rating from 58% of the analysts surveyed by the Reuters.

For details on MLPs’ rating updates after 1Q17 earnings, please read Ratings Update for MLPs after 1Q17 Earnings.

Latest articles

The Hot Chips 31 Symposium started this week. Artificial intelligence was the hot topic among participants Intel, NVIDIA, and Advanced Micro Devices.

Today, Slack (WORK) opened 4.5% higher after MKM Partners analyst Rohit Kulkarni gave Slack stock a "buy" rating with a target price of $40.

Today, Aphria announced a deal with ParcelPal to deliver medical cannabis to patients. Also, Cole Cacciavillani's son has won a cannabis store license.

Today, IHS Markit released the US manufacturing PMI (purchasing managers’ index) data for August. The manufacturing PMI hit 49.9, down from 50.4 in July.

On May 1, smokable hemp will be banned in North Carolina. The state passed the North Carolina Farm Act, removing smokable hemp from its permissible list.

Chinese tech giant Tencent (TCEHY) posted better-than-expected Q2 earnings. Its revenue growth accelerated in Q2 due to a rebound in its gaming segment.