Ford Motor (F) has a market cap of $45.2 billion. It fell 1.8% to close at $11.40 per share on November 2, 2016. The stock’s weekly, monthly, and year-to-date (or YTD) price movements were -4.0%, -5.4%, and -13.5%, respectively, on the same day. F is trading 4.0% below its 20-day moving average, 5.3% below its 50-day moving average, and 8.2% below its 200-day moving average.
Related ETF and peers
The Guggenheim Multi-Asset Income ETF (CVY) invests 0.88% of its holdings in Ford Motor. The ETF tracks the Zacks Multi-Asset Income Index. The index aims to outperform the Dow Jones US Select Dividend Index using US stocks, ADRs, REITs, MLPs, CEFs, preferred stocks, and royalty trusts. The YTD price movement of CVY was 7.6% on November 2.
The market caps of Ford Motor’s competitors are as follows:
Ford Motor’s sales in October 2016
Ford Motor reported total vehicles sales of 188,813 units, a fall of 11.7% from October 2015.
Sales by brand:
- The Ford brand reported sales of 179,744 units, a fall of 12.5% from October 2015. Focus cars, Explorer SUVs, Escape SUVs, Fusion cars, and Transit Connect trucks sales fell 43.0%, 14.1%, 4.9%, 21.0%, and 61.5%, respectively. Sales of Transit trucks rose 9.0%.
- The Lincoln brand reported sales of 9,069 units, a rise of 6.9% from October 2015. MKS cars and MKC SUVs sales fell 29.0% and 3.3%, respectively, and MKX SUVs and MKZ cars sales rose 4.1% and 3.1%, respectively.
Sales by type:
- Cars reported sales of 44,925 units, a fall of 27.5% from October 2015.
- SUVs reported sales of 60,166 units, a fall of 9.4% from October 2015.
- Trucks reported sales of 83,722 units, a fall of 2.2% from October 2015.
Next, we’ll look at Estée Lauder Companies (EL).