General Motors (GM) has a market cap of $49.2 billion. It fell 0.38% to close at $31.48 per share on November 1, 2016. The stock’s weekly, monthly, and year-to-date (or YTD) price movements were -0.38%, -1.8%, and -4.0%, respectively, on the same day. GM is trading 1.3% below its 20-day moving average, 0.59% below its 50-day moving average, and 4.4% above its 200-day moving average.
Related ETF and peers
The Guggenheim Multi-Asset Income ETF (CVY) invests 0.96% of its holdings in General Motors. The ETF tracks the Zacks Multi-Asset Income Index. The index aims to outperform the Dow Jones US Select Dividend Index using US stocks, ADRs (American depositary receipts), REITs, MLPs, CEFs (closed-end funds), preferred stocks, and royalty trusts. The YTD price movement of CVY was 8.5% on November 1.
The market caps of General Motors’ competitors are as follows:
Sales of General Motors in October 2016
General Motors’ (GM) sales performance in October 2016, compared with October 2015 data, was as follows:
- General Motors reported total sales of 258,626 units, a fall of 1.7%
- GM reported retail sales of 208,290 units, a rise of 2.5%
- Chevrolet reported total sales of 181,964 units, a fall of 0.82%
- GMC reported total sales of 42,668 units, a fall of 6.2%
- Buick reported total sales of 20,046 units, a rise of 7.4%
- Cadillac reported total sales of 13,948 units, a fall of 9.4%
GM has reported total sales of 2,471,023 units YTD, a fall of 3.6% year-over-year. Next, we’ll look at Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).