Price movement of General Motors
General Motors Company (GM) has a market capitalization of $44.5 billion. It rose by 2.1% to close at $28.89 per share on July 1, 2016. The stock’s weekly, monthly, and year-to-date (or YTD) price movements were 1.9%, -3.3%, and -12.9%, respectively, on the same day.
GM is trading 0.39% below its 20-day moving average, 4.0% below its 50-day moving average, and 6.6% below its 200-day moving average.
Related ETFs and peers
The Guggenheim Multi-Asset Income ETF (CVY) invests 0.94% of its holdings in General Motors. The ETF tracks the Zacks Multi-Asset Income Index. The index aims to outperform the Dow Jones US Select Dividend Index using US stocks, ADRs (American depositary receipts), REITs, MLPs, closed-end funds, preferred stocks, and royalty trusts. The YTD price movement of CVY was 6.3% on July 1, 2016.
The market capitalizations of General Motors’ competitors are as follows:
Sales of General Motors in June 2016
General Motors’ sales performance in June 2016 was as follows:
- General Motors reported total sales of 255,000 units, a fall of 1.6% compared to June 2015.
- GM reported retail sales of 209,000 units, a rise of 1.2% compared to June 2015.
- Chevrolet reported total sales of 181,000 units, a rise of 0.1% compared to June 2015.
- GMC reported total sales of 43,000 units, a fall of 8.6% compared to June 2015.
- Buick reported total sales of 17,000 units, a fall of 5.5% compared to June 2015.
- Cadillac reported total sales of 14,000 units, a rise of 5.5% compared to June 2015.
Among the company’s segments, Commercial sales fell by 7%, Government sales rose by 8%, Daily Rental sales fell by 22%, and Small Business sales rose by 2%.
Now let’s take a look at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.