General Motors (GM) has a market cap of $48.5 billion. It rose by 0.77% to close at $31.49 per share on July 20, 2016. The stock’s weekly, monthly, and year-to-date (or YTD) price movements were 2.8%, 6.2%, and -5.1%, respectively, on the same day.
GM is trading 7.2% above its 20-day moving average, 5.9% above its 50-day moving average, and 1.6% above its 200-day moving average.
Related ETF and peers
The Guggenheim Multi-Asset Income ETF (CVY) invests 0.94% of its holdings in General Motors. The ETF tracks the Zacks Multi-Asset Income Index. The index aims to outperform the Dow Jones US Select Dividend Index using US stocks, ADRs (American depositary receipts), REITs, MLPs, CEFs (closed-end funds), preferred stocks, and royalty trusts. The YTD price movement of CVY was 9.4% on July 20, 2016.
The market caps of General Motors’ competitors are as follows:
General Motors declares dividend
General Motors has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.38 per share on its common stock. The dividend will be paid on September 23, 2016, to shareholders of record as of September 9, 2016.
General Motors’ sales in June 2016
General Motors’ sales performances in June 2016 were as follows:
- General Motors reported total sales of 255,000 units, a fall of 1.6% compared to June 2015.
- GM reported retail sales of 209,000 units, a rise of 1.2% compared to June 2015.
- Chevrolet reported total sales of 181,000 units, a rise of 0.1% compared to June 2015.
- GMC reported total sales of 43,000 units, a fall of 8.6% compared to June 2015.
- Buick reported total sales of 17,000 units, a fall of 5.5% compared to June 2015.
- Cadillac reported total sales of 14,000 units, a rise of 5.5% compared to June 2015.
Among the company’s segments, Commercial sales fell by 7%, Government sales rose by 8%, Daily Rental sales fell by 22%, and Small Business sales rose by 2%.
Below is a breakdown of sales in China:
- General Motors and its joint ventures reported total sales of 273,563 units, a rise of 11.2% from June 2015.
- In the first half of 2016, General Motors reported sales of 1,810,476 units, a rise of 5.3% from the first half of 2015.
- Cadillac reported total sales of 9,552 units, a rise of 34.0% from June 2015.
- Buick reported total sales of 86,054 units, a rise of 10.0% from June 2015.
- Baojun reported total sales of 43,249 units. It delivered more than double the units in June 2015.
- Wuling reported total sales of 99,017 units, a rise of 8.1% from June 2015.
- Chevrolet reported total sales of 35,648 units, a fall of 25.0% from June 2015.
In the next part of this series, we’ll take a look at Tupperware Brands.