uploads///Chemicals markets

What Are the Major Markets for Shell’s Chemical Products?

By

Jun. 23 2016, Updated 9:05 a.m. ET

Major markets for Shell’s chemical products

Now let’s discuss the geographical spread of Royal Dutch Shell’s (RDS.A) chemical products markets. North and South America is the largest market for Shell, accounting for 38% of total chemical products sold. It’s followed by Europe and Africa at ~35% and Asia at ~27%.

In 1Q16, Shell’s sales of chemical products fell in Asia and America by 23% and 1%, respectively, compared to 1Q15. In Europe and Africa, Shell’s chemical product sales rose by 16%.

Article continues below advertisement

Peers’ markets

Shell’s peer ExxonMobil’s (XOM) largest market is the non-US market, which accounts for 61% of its chemical sales volumes. The remaining ~39% of its chemical products are sold in the United States.

The SPDR S&P Oil & Gas Exploration & Production ETF (XOP) has ~7% exposure to integrated energy sector stocks.

Advertisement

More From Market Realist

  • CONNECT with Market Realist
  • Link to Facebook
  • Link to Twitter
  • Link to Instagram
  • Link to Email Subscribe
Market Realist Logo
Do Not Sell My Personal Information

© Copyright 2021 Market Realist. Market Realist is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.