Price movement of Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (F) has a market cap of $52.4 billion. It rose by 1.1% to close at $13.18 per share on June 6, 2016. The stock’s weekly, monthly, and year-to-date (or YTD) price movements were -2.0%, -1.1%, and -2.2%, respectively, on the same day.
This means that Ford is trading 0.81% below its 20-day moving average, 0.10% below its 50-day moving average, and 0.51% above its 200-day moving average.
Related ETF and peers
The Guggenheim Multi-Asset Income ETF (CVY) invests 0.95% of its holdings in Ford Motor Company (F). The ETF tracks the Zacks Multi-Asset Income Index. The index aims to outperform the Dow Jones US Select Dividend Index using US stocks, ADRs, REITs, MLPs, CEFs, preferred stocks, and royalty trusts. The YTD price movement of CVY was 6.5% as of June 6, 2016.
The market caps of Ford’s competitors are as follows:
Ford’s new plans and appointments
Ford (F) is in discussions with Changan Automobile Group to produce the Lincoln luxury line in Chongqing, making China the top market for this line. The production of this line can start in 2018 if Lincoln shows strong numbers in China. This production can extend to 2020, depending on the situation, as these are preliminary discussions.
Ford has made the following appointments:
- Stuart Rowley has been named as Ford Motor’s vice president of strategy, effective immediately.
- John Lawler has been named as Ford Motor’s vice president and controller, effective immediately.
- Nigel Harris has been named as president of Changan Ford, effective July 1, 2016.
- David Schoch will add the title as Ford China’s chairman and chief executive officer to his role as group vice president and president, Asia Pacific.
Sales of Ford Motor Company in May 2016
Ford (F) reported total vehicles sales of 235,997 units, a fall of 5.9% from May 2015.
The sales by brand follow:
- Ford brand reported sales of 226,190 units, a fall of 6.4% from May 2015. It includes F-Series and transit trucks sales, which rose by 9.0% and 16.4%, respectively.
- Lincoln brand reported sales of 9,807 units, a rise of 6.9% from May 2015.
The sales by type are as follows:
- Cars reported sales of 67,315 units, a fall of 25.0% from May 2015.
- Utilities reported sales of 78,006 units, a rise of 0.3% from May 2015.
- Trucks reported sales of 90,676 units, a rise of 8.9% from May 2015.
For more analysis of this sector, you can visit Market Realist’s Consumer Discretionary page.