Tupperware Brands and its peers
In this article, we’ll compare Tupperware Brands (TUP) with its peers as of January 6, 2016. First, let’s compare TUP and its peers based on PE (price-to-earnings) ratio:
- Tupperware Brands (TUP): 12.8x
- Newell Rubbermaid (NWL): 29.5x
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): 31.9x
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS): 14.8x
Now let’s look at PS (price-to-sales) ratios:
- Tupperware Brands: 1.1x
- Newell Rubbermaid: 1.9x
- Fortune Brands Home & Security: 2.0x
- Nu Skin Enterprises: 0.89x
Thus, the peers have outperformed Tupperware Brands based on PE and PS.
ETFs that invest in Tupperware Brands
The iShares Morningstar Small Value ETF (JKL) invests 0.60% of its holdings in Tupperware.
The FlexShares Quality Dividend Fund (QDF) invests 0.53% of its holdings in Tupperware. The ETF tracks an index of companies deemed to have a secure dividend that matches the beta of the Northern Trust 1250.
The Vanguard S&P Mid-Cap 400 Value ETF (IVOV) invests 0.41% of its holdings in Tupperware. The ETF tracks an index of primarily mid-cap US stocks. The index uses three factors to select value stocks from the 400 stocks chosen by the S&P committee.
Comparing Tupperware Brands with ETFs that invest in it
Now let’s compare TUP and ETFs that invest in it:
- The year-to-date price movements of TUP, JKL, QDF, and IVOV are -4.2%, -1.3%, -0.72%, and -1.0%, respectively.
- The PE ratios of TUP, JKL, QDF, and IVOV are 12.8x, 23.0x, 17.1x, and 29.4x, respectively.
Thus, these ETFs have outperformed Tupperware Brands based on price movement and PE.