Elbit Systems and its peers
Here, we’ll compare Elbit Systems (ESLT) to its industry peers. The PE (price-to-earnings) ratios of Elbit, Northrop Grumman (NOC), Rockwell Collins (COL), and Harris (HRS) are 21.5x, 17.4x, 17.0x, and 24.6x, respectively.
The PBV (price-to-book value) ratios of Elbit, Northrop Grumman, Rockwell Collins, Harris, and L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. (LLL) are 2.8x, 5.9x, 5.6x, 2.6x, and 2.1x, respectively.
Based on the information above, Elbit outperformed most of its peers based on PE.
ETFs that invest in Elbit Systems
There are several ETFs with holdings in Elbit:
- The PowerShares FTSE RAFI Developed Markets ex-US Small-Mid Portfolio ETF (PDN) invests 0.10% of its holdings in Elbit.
- The Vanguard FTSE Developed Markets ETF (VEA) invests 0.01% of its holdings in Elbit. The ETF tracks a market-cap-weighted index of large-cap and mid-cap stocks from developed markets outside the United States and Canada.
- The Vanguard FTSE All-World ex-US ETF (VEU) invests 0.01% of its holdings in Elbit. The ETF is designed to track a market-cap-weighted index of large-cap and mid-cap global non-US stocks.
Elbit Systems and its ETFs
Now let’s look at Elbit compared to its ETFs:
- The year-to-date price movements of Elbit, PDN, VEA, and VEU are 42.1%, 0.26%, 1.2%, and -2.4%, respectively.
- The PE ratios of Elbit, PDN, VEA, and VEU are 21.5x, 26.4x, 16.1x, and 13.6%, respectively.
- The PBV ratios of Elbit, PDN, VEA, and VEU are 2.8x, 1.3x, 1.2x, and 1.2x, respectively.
And so it appears that Elbit Systems outperformed its ETFs based on price movement, PE, and PBV.