Vantiv’s price movement
Vantiv (VNTV) has a market cap of $9.6 billion. Its YTD (year-to-date) price movement is going up quarter-over-quarter in 2015. After the 3Q15 earnings report, VNTV rose 8.4% to close at $50.92 per share on October 28, 2015. Revenue and income increased 3.8% and 12.3%, respectively, in 3Q15. The price movements on weekly, monthly, and YTD bases are 11.1%, 14.1%, and 50.1%, respectively.
Technically, sometimes Vantiv has broken the support of 20-day and 50-day moving averages in 2015. Currently, it’s trading at 9.7% above the 20-day moving average, 12.0% above the 50-day moving average, and 25.5% above the 200-day moving average.
The First Trust Financials AlphaDEX ETF (FXO) invests 1.2% of its holdings in Vantiv. The ETF seeks to outperform the US financials sector by tracking a proprietary index of stocks selected from the Russell 1000 Financial Services Index. FXO’s YTD price movement is 3.2% as of October 27, 2015.
Below are the market caps of some of Vantiv’s (VNTV) competitors.
Vantiv’s 3Q15 performance
Vantiv reported net revenue of $816.0 million in 3Q15, an increase of 3.8% compared to $786.0 million in 2Q15. Revenue from external customers and related party revenue increased 3.9% and 0.11%, respectively, in 3Q15. Net income and EPS (earnings per share) increased to $59.2 million and $0.27, respectively, in 3Q15, an increase of 12.3% and 12.5%, respectively, on a quarterly basis.
Cash and cash equivalents decreased 28.3%, and accounts receivables increased 0.39% in 3Q15. The current ratio decreased to 0.97, and the debt-to-equity ratio increased to 3.74 in 3Q15 compared to the current ratio and a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.11 and 3.52, respectively, in 2Q15.
Following are some of Vantiv’s key 3Q15 activities:
- Capital One Bank and Vantiv signed a long-term agreement to provide a full suite of payment solutions to the bank’s new and existing merchant services customers.
- Vantiv and PYMNTS.com released the first PYMNTS.com OmniReadi Index powered by Vantiv.
- Mercury Payment Services, a Vantiv company, announced the Security Pays initiative designed to educate payment partners and business owners on how to protect their businesses from security threats.
- The company launched OmniShield Assure, a security bundle designed to help protect consumer card data, significantly reduce the chance of counterfeit fraud, and enhance payment processing security to help merchants with PCI 3.1 compliance requirements.
- Rabobank N.A. selected Vantiv as its merchant services solution provider.
Vantiv is a payment processor company. It provides traditional and innovative payment processing and technology solutions to merchants and financial institutions.