uploads/2015/08/Analyst-Recommendation21.png

Analyst Recommendations: Vanguard Natural Resources the Favorite

By

Updated

EV Energy Partners

About 25% of analysts surveyed by Bloomberg rate EV Energy Partners (EVEP) a “buy,” ~66.7% a “hold,” and the remaining ~8.3% rate it a “sell.” EVEP’s consensus broker target price of $14.50 would imply a price return above 100% within the next 12 months. The most recent recommendation by Wells Fargo Securities (WFC) rates EVEP as “market perform.”

Article continues below advertisement

Breitburn Energy Partners

Approximately 12.5% of analysts rate Breitburn Energy Partners (BBEP) a “buy,” ~68.7% a “hold,” and the remaining ~18.77% rate it a “sell.” BBEP’s consensus broker target price of $4.93 would also imply a 12-month price return above 100% based on current levels. The two most recent recommendations from UBS (UBS) and Wells Fargo Securities respectively rate BBEP “neutral” and “market perform.” UBS has set a pessimistic target price of $2.50 for BBEP.

Vanguard Natural Resources

Of the analysts surveyed by Bloomberg, 69.2% rate Vanguard Natural Resources (VNR) a “buy,” while the remaining 30.8% rate it a “hold.” VNR has no sell recommendations on it. The firm’s consensus broker target price of $15.17 would imply a 12-month price return above 125%. The two most recent recommendations by UBS and Hilliard Lyons respectively rate VNR “buy” and “long-term buy,” with target prices of $9 and $25.

Article continues below advertisement

Linn Energy

Just ~7.69% of analysts rate Linn Energy (LINE) a “buy” and ~61.54% a “hold,” while the remaining ~30.77% rate it a “sell.” LINE’s consensus broker target price of $5.20 would still imply a 12-month price return exceeding 100% if it hits that target. The two most recent recommendations are by UBS and Scotia Howard Weil, and they rate LINE “sell” and “sector perform,” with target prices of $2 and $5, respectively.

Key ETFs

Investors can include upstream MLPs in their portfolio by buying individual common units listed on a stock exchange or through ETFs such as the Global X SuperDividend Alternatives ETF (ALTY). Together, BBEP and VNR account for 0.72% of ALTY.

For more earnings coverage on midstream and upstream MLPs, check out our Master Limited Partnerships page.

Advertisement

More From Market Realist