Capgemini is a leader in consulting and other services
Capgemini is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology, outsourcing services, and local professional services. The company has expertise in the following six strategic sectors:
- Energy, Utilities & Chemicals
- Financial Services (Insurance and Banking)
- Public Sector
- Retail, Distribution & Transportation
- Telecom, Media & Entertainment
Capgemini offers the following integrated services that combine top-of-the-range technology with deep sector expertise and a strong command of its four key businesses:
- Capgemini Consulting – This service helps businesses and organizations identify, build, and carry through transformation programs that will improve growth and sharpen their competitive edge on a long-term basis. Areas of expertise include the following:
- digital transformation
- strategy and transformation
- supply chain management consulting
- finance transformation
- people and performance
- marketing, sales, and service
- CIO (chief information officer) strategy and transformation
- accelerated solutions environment
- big data and analytics consulting
- Technology Services – This segment designs, develops, and implements a wide range of technology projects that involve complex systems integration and IT application development.
- Outsourcing Services – This service manages IT systems for applications and infrastructures of a client or group of clients and their associated business processes such as business process outsourcing.
- Local Professional Services – This segment delivers professional technology services to suit local requirements for infrastructure, applications, engineering, testing, and operations.
In 2014, Capgemini recorded revenues of 10.573 billion euros and generated more than a billion euros in EBITDA (earnings before insurance, taxes, depreciation, and amortization).
Merger arbitrage resources
Other important merger spreads include the deal between Baker Hughes (BHI) and Halliburton (HAL) and the merger between Pharmacyclics (PCYC) and AbbVie (ABBV). For a primer on risk arbitrage investing, read Merger arbitrage must-knows: A key guide for investors.
Investors interested in trading in the tech sector should look at the S&P SPDR Tech ETF (XLK).