iShares MSCI Global Gold Miners
Which Gold Stocks Could Beat Analysts’ Earnings Expectations in Q1?
Many gold miners (RING) are set to release their first-quarter results shortly. Analysts expect Barrick Gold’s (GOLD) EBITDA to rise 6.2% YoY (year-over-year) in the first quarter.
Do Analysts Want You to Buy Agnico Eagle Mines?
Currently, 18 analysts are covering Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM), as per the consensus compiled by Thomson Reuters.
Which Gold Miner Has the Best Liquidity Profile?
At the end of the fourth quarter of 2018, Barrick Gold had a cash balance of ~$1.6 billion and a $3 billion undrawn credit facility.
Did Gold Miners’ Q4 Results Meet Expectations?
Barrick Gold (GOLD) opened the earnings season for gold miners with earnings on February 13.
Could Kinross Gold’s Balance Sheet Support Its Future Growth?
Kinross Gold’s (KGC) liquidity position at the end of the fourth quarter of 2018 reflected its strategic investments.
A Look at Kinross Gold’s Reserves and Resources Update
Kinross Gold (KGC) has maintained its gold price assumption of $1,200 per ounce for estimating reserves and $1,400 per ounce for estimating resources since 2011.
Why Did Barrick Gold’s Reserves Fall in 2018?
At the end of 2018, Barrick Gold (GOLD) reported mineral reserves of 64.5 million ounces—a decline of 3.4% YoY.
Newmont Mining’s Reserves Fell during 2018
Newmont Mining (NEM) reported reserves of 65.4 million ounces for 2018—4.5% lower compared to 2017.
Which Gold Miners Could Surprise on the Earnings Upside in Q4?
In this article, we’ll discuss what analysts expect for gold miners’ (RING) earnings in the fourth quarter of 2018.
Why Analysts Have Changed Their Tune on Agnico Eagle Mines
Of the 18 analysts covering Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM), 83.0% have given it “buys,” while the remaining 17.0% have given it “holds.”
How Might Kinross Gold’s Balance Sheet Support Its Future Growth?
Kinross Gold’s (KGC) liquidity position at the end of the third quarter was reflected its strategic investments.
What’s the Upside to Barrick Gold’s Costs Going Forward?
Barrick Gold (ABX) reported AISC (all-in sustaining costs) of $785 per ounce and a cost of sales of $850 per ounce in the third quarter.
Outlook: IAMGOLD’s Stock Momentum after Its Q3 2018 Results
IAMGOLD (IAG) was the best-performing gold stock of 2017, returning 51.4% for the year.
Why Do Analysts Love Agnico Eagle Mines?
Analysts’ ratings for Agnico Eagle Mines Of the 18 analysts covering Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM), 72.0% recommended a “buy,” while the remaining 28.0% recommended a “hold.” Among its mining peers (RING)(GDX), AEM has more “buy” recommendations than Yamana Gold (AUY), Barrick Gold (ABX), Newmont Mining (NEM), and Kinross Gold (KGC), which have “buy” ratings from 71.0%, 14.0%, 58.0%, […]
Analyzing Gold Miners’ Beats and Misses after Q2 2018
Among the gold miners we’re discussing in this series, only Newmont Mining (NEM) beat analysts’ expectations in the second quarter.
Why Newmont Mining Expects Cost Improvements in 2019
Newmont Mining (NEM) maintained its cost guidance for 2018 at $965–$1,025 per ounce, which is 7.7% higher at the midpoint than its actual AISC of $924 per ounce in 2017.
Kinross Gold’s Balance Sheet at the End of Q2 2018
Kinross Gold (KGC) ended the second quarter with cash and cash equivalents of $918.7 million.
Outlook: IAMGOLD’s Stock Momentum after Q2 2018 Results
IAG is guiding for gold production of 850,000–900,000 ounces for 2018.
Upcoming Updates in Barrick Gold’s Q2 2018 Earnings Call
Barrick Gold (ABX) generated returns of -10.8% YTD (year-to-date) on July 13.
Gold’s Modest Response to Europe’s Localized Risks
It seems that every time new, scary headlines emerge, press articles declare that gold no longer serves as a safe haven.
How Are Precious Metals Reacting to Market Volatility?
Besides the rise and fall in the US dollar, another crucial factor affecting precious metals price changes is overall market volatility.
How Mining Stocks’ Technicals Moved at the End of April
The recent downturn of the metals has had a considerable impact on miners.
The US Dollar Is Surging: What’s the Impact on Gold?
A crucial factor that continues to impact gold is the US dollar. On Monday, gold and the other three precious metals fell considerably.
What Mining Stocks’ Relative Strength Indicators Suggest
The recent unrest in the markets has had a significant effect on precious metals and mining companies.
What to Watch for on Barrick Gold’s 1Q18 Earnings Call
Barrick Gold (ABX) generated negative returns amounting to 9.7% year-to-date (or YTD) as of April 17.
Reading the Movements of Miners’ Correlations with Gold
In this part of our series, we’ll look at the correlation between gold and four mining stocks: Royal Gold (RGLD), Goldcorp (GG), Sibanye Gold (SBGL), and Gold Fields (GFI).
How Do Miners’ Technicals Look?
It was widely expected that precious metals and miners would react negatively after the FOMC (Federal Open Market Committee) meeting.
Comparing Mining Stocks’ Correlation with Gold
Mining stocks tend to move with gold prices. In this part, we’ll analyze the correlation between gold and four mining stocks.
A Look at the Year-to-Date Correlation of Miners in 2018
GOLD’s correlation with gold has dropped from a three-year correlation of 0.74 to a one-year correlation of 0.60.
What’s Driving Analysts’ Earnings Estimates for Newmont Mining?
Newmont Mining (NEM) is one of the very few gold mining stocks to have given a flat-to-positive return this year.
A Look at Miners’ Recent Correlations with Gold
Mining stocks’ correlations with gold are crucial because gold is the big brother of precious metals.
A Look at Gold Miners’ Liquidity Positions Post-4Q17
While financial leverage helps assess a company’s long-term solvency, analyzing its short-term liquidity profile is also important.
How Mining Stocks Moved on March 6
Precious metal miners had a reasonably good start to 2018.
Mining Stocks’ 2018 Technical Readings
Precious metal miners had a reasonably good start to 2018. Overall, on a YTD (year-to-date) basis, precious metals’ reactions have been mixed.
What Do Precious Metal Miners’ Technicals Mean?
Precious metal miners had a good start to 2018. Their prices rose due to the rebound in precious metals.
Miners’ Correlations and How They’re Moving in February
On a YTD basis, AngloGold has a correlation of 0.96 to gold, while Agnico-Eagle Mines’ correlation is 0.80.
What Do Miners’ Correlation Readings Indicate?
Agnico-Eagle Mines and Randgold Resources have seen their correlation with gold drop in the past three years.
Could Royalty and Streaming Companies Stay Strong in 2018?
Royalty and streaming companies Royalty and streaming companies’ business model differs greatly from that of other precious metal miners (RING), mainly because royalty and streaming companies do not own mines. These companies make upfront payments to gain a right to a fixed percentage of future silver or gold mine production. Additional payments are then made […]
How Mining Stocks Are Moving with Their Technicals
Miners had a good start in 2018. However, they later faced a carnage, mainly due to the rising strength of the US dollar.
Will Interest Rates Have a Substantial Impact on Gold?
The Federal Reserve is expected to raise the interest rate in its March 2018 meeting for what would be the sixth time since late 2015.
Reading the Indicators of Mining Stocks in 2017
Sibanye Gold has fallen 6.7% during the last 30 trading days, while NEM, AEM, and AU have risen 6.8%, 3.2%, and 10.3%, respectively, on a 30-day trailing basis.
The Positive and Negative Correlation to Gold
The iShares MSCI Global Gold Mining ETF (RING) and the VanEck Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF (GDXJ) have risen 5.0% and 1.1%, respectively, during the last one-month period.
Reading the Technicals and Price Movements of Mining Stocks
In this article, we’ll do a technical analysis of a few select mining stocks. When investing in mining stocks, it’s crucial to read their indicators.
How Are Miners’ Correlations to Gold Trending?
Mining stocks tend to take their cues from gold.
A Look at Miners’ Correlation Trends
AngloGold Ashanti has seen the highest correlation to gold in the past year, while Eldorado Gold has seen the lowest correlation.
Analyzing the Correlation between Miners and Gold in January
Most mining stocks have risen over the past one month due to the revival in gold prices.
How Do Miners’ Technical Details Look?
Most of the mining companies have risen during the past few weeks. The miners tend to move according to precious metal prices rather than the equities market in general.
A Look at the Gold Spreads at the End of 2017
A gold-silver spread of 77.3 suggests that it requires almost 78 ounces of silver to buy a single ounce of gold.
Company & Industry Overviews
Why Analysts Estimate Higher Margins for Kinross Gold
According to the Wall Street analyst consensus, Kinross is expected to have revenues of $3.4 billion in 2017. That implies a fall of 3.2% YoY.
Here’s What Might Help Kinross Gold Outperform in 2018
Apart from royalty and streaming companies, Kinross Gold (KGC) is one of the best-performing miners (GDX) (RING) in 2017.