Analyzing the Upcoming Natural Gas Inventory Report
On Thursday, the EIA will report the natural gas inventory data. For the week ended April 24, the EIA reported a rise of 70 Bcf in natural gas inventories.
Elizabeth Warren’s $10.7 Trillion Plan Could Hit Oil Prices
Last week, Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren proposed a $10.7 trillion plan to transform the US into “100% clean energy.”
A Look into ConocoPhillips Institutional Holdings
ConocoPhillips has fallen 0.6% YTD, underperforming the S&P 500 Index’s 25.5% gain. Subdued energy commodity prices could explain its underperformance.
Will Energy Pipeline Stocks Meet Analysts’ Ratings?
The analyst ratings are based on rigorous analysis of fundamentals. Let’s take a look at these ratings and price targets for top energy stocks.
Why Enbridge Stock Is an Attractive Dividend Stock
Enbridge stock is currently trading at an attractive dividend yield, higher than many of its peers. So is Enbridge an attractive dividend stock?
Enbridge’s Capital Projects Should Fuel Growth
Let’s take a look at some of Enbridge’s upcoming capital projects. The company has one of the largest capital programs among global energy companies.
Must-Know: Enbridge’s Five Business Segments
Canadian energy giant Enbridge’s (ENB) operations are diverse. Enbridge accounts for roughly two-thirds of Canada’s crude oil exports to the US.
Energy Stocks: Operational Metrics, Valuation, Outlook
Production volumes, production costs, and finding and development costs are key metrics to consider when analyzing energy stocks’ upstream operations.
Why These Three Dividend Stocks Are a Buy Now
Let’s take a look at three C-corp dividend stocks in the midstream sector that offer attractive total return potential, with very attractive yields.
Kinder Morgan and Enbridge: Update on Pipeline Projects
Like most of the pipeline companies, Kinder Morgan (KMI) continues to fight legal and regulatory battles to build its pipelines.
Enbridge’s Pipeline Project: Another Setback, Stock Fell 4.4%
The troubles related to Enbridge’s (ENB) Line 3 Replacement project refuse to end. Enbridge stock fell 4.4% on June 3.
Enbridge and TC Energy: Which Stock Do Analysts Recommend?
Around 92% of the analysts surveyed by Reuters covering Enbridge (ENB) rated it as a “buy” or a “strong buy.”
Institutional Activity in TC Energy and Enbridge
Together, the top ten investors in TC Energy (TRP) bought net 5.9 million TC Energy shares in the first quarter.
Enbridge is Trading at a Higher Yield than TC Energy
Enbridge (ENB) stock is trading at a yield of ~5.9%, which is ~120 basis points higher than TC Energy’s (TRP) yield.
Why Enbridge Stock Has Underperformed TC Energy in 2019?
Enbridge (ENB) has risen ~21% in 2019. Enbridge had underperformed TC Energy (TRP), which has risen 38% year-to-date.
Enbridge’s Valuation Compared to Peers
Enbridge (ENB) is trading at a forward PE ratio of ~18x—lower than its five-year average PE ratio of ~22x.
Enbridge’s Earnings Rose 19%, Beat Estimates
Today, Enbridge reported its first-quarter results before the markets opened. Enbridge reported adjusted earnings of 1,640 million Canadian dollars.
Will Kinder Morgan’s Revenue Rise in Q1 2019?
Analysts expect Kinder Morgan’s (KMI) revenue to rise 8% in the first quarter compared to its previous year’s revenue.
Enbridge: 74% of the Analysts Recommend a ‘Buy’
Around 74% of the Reuters-surveyed analysts have rated Enbridge as a “buy” or “strong buy,” while the remaining analysts rate it as a “hold.”
Enbridge’s Top Institutional Investors
Capital International Investors is the largest institutional investor in Enbridge stock. The company holds 5.3% of Enbridge’s outstanding shares.
How’s Enbridge Managing Its Leverage?
Enbridge’s (ENB) debt-to-EBITDA ratio for 2018 was 4.7x. The company is targeting a debt-to-EBITDA ratio between 4.5x to 5x for 2019.
Analyzing Enbridge’s Earnings Growth
Enbridge (ENB) has shown consistent earnings growth over the years. The company’s adjusted EPS rose 35% in 2018.
Enbridge Has a Strong Backlog of Growth Projects
Enbridge (ENB) has 16 billion Canadian dollars of growth projects that are expected to come in service over the next two years.
Enbridge: Why Income Investors Are Attracted to the Stock
Enbridge has paid dividends for more than 64 years. Enbridge has increased its dividends for 24 consecutive years.
Trump Supports TransCanada’s Keystone XL Pipeline Again
On March 29, President Trump issued a new presidential permit for TransCanada’s (TRP) Keystone XL pipeline project.
ONEOK and AmeriGas Partners: Target Price Revisions Last Week
On March 1, Stifel raised its target price for ONEOK from $58 to $69. On February 27, Mizuho raised its target price from $70 to $73.
Enbridge Stock Fell 5.9% Due to Pipeline Delay, Downgrades
On March 4, Enbridge (ENB) fell 5.9% due to the expected delay in its Line 3 Replacement project.
Enbridge’s Line 3 Replacement Project Gets Delayed
On March 1, after the markets closed, Enbridge announced that it received a timeline for the permits for its Line 3 Replacement project.
MLP and Midstream Rating Updates Last Week
On February 19, TD Securities raised its target price for Enbridge (ENB) from 56 Canadian dollars to 57 Canadian dollars.
Could Enbridge’s Line 3 Replacement Be Operational This Year?
On February 12, Minnesota governor Tim Walz announced that he plans to continue appealing the PUC’s (Public Utilities Commission) approval of Enbridge’s (ENB) Line 3 replacement project, which could delay the project.
A Decade of TransCanada’s Keystone XL Project
Pipeline construction delays, though common, have been particularly extended for some projects.
Pipeline Controversies: Updates on Top Projects
With the halting of permit review for Energy Transfer’s (ET) projects by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, pipeline controversies have once again caught midstream investors’ attention.
TransCanada Reported Strong Q4 Results, Raised Dividends 8.7%
TransCanada (TRP) reported its fourth-quarter results on February 14. The company reported 32% growth in its comparable earnings.
Enbridge and TransCanada’s Target Price Updates
Enbridge reported its third-quarter results on November 2. On November 5, GMP raised its target price for Enbridge.
Enbridge and TransCanada Have Fallen 20% in 2018
So far, Canadian midstream giants TransCanada (TRP) and Enbridge (ENB) have each fallen ~20% in 2018.
Growth Projects Drove TransCanada’s Strong Q3 Results
TransCanada reported its third-quarter results on November 1. The company reported comparable earnings of 902 million Canadian dollars.
ETP, EEP, DM: MLP Sector Mergers Continue in Third Quarter
There were quite a few MLP merger announcements in the third quarter.
OKE, ETE, MPLX, PAA: How Top Midstream Stocks Fared Last Week
After a 0.4% gain in the previous week, the Alerian MLP Index fell 0.5% last week. The Index is up 1.2% YTD (year-to-date), whereas on a total return basis—which includes distributions—the index is up ~7.3% YTD.
Targa Resources: Analysts’ Recommendations and Target Price
Among the analysts surveyed by Reuters, 48% rate Targa Resources stock as a “buy,” while 52% rate it as a “hold.”
Enbridge and TransCanada Saw Higher Target Prices
On August 6, RBC raised its target price for Enbridge (ENB) from 54 Canadian dollars to 59 Canadian dollars.
Enbridge Stock Rose 4.5% following Its Pipeline Approval
Enbridge stock closed 4.5% higher on June 28 after the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission approved its Line 3 Replacement project.
ETE versus WMB: Comparing Two Midstream Heavyweights
In this series, we’ll perform a comparative analysis of two midstream heavyweights, Energy Transfer Equity and Williams Companies.
Why Are Analysts Bullish on Williams Companies?
Williams Companies (WMB), Williams Partners’ (WPZ) C-corporation general partner, is sixth among Wall Street’s top seven midstream companies.
Midstream Operaters Are Scrambling to Build a Permian Takeaway
Amid concerns over Permian pipeline takeaway capacity, several pipeline projects have been announced or have come online recently to accommodate rising Permian production.
TRP, ENB: Canadian Midstream Companies Are in the Red in 2018
TransCanada (TRP) and Enbridge (ENB) have fallen 16% and 19%, respectively, year-to-date. Crude oil prices are up ~11% year-to-date.
Existing and Planned Natural Gas Pipeline Projects
Pipeline projects under construction that cater to Northeastern US natural gas producers include Energy Transfer Partners’ (ETP) Rover Pipeline Project.
What’s Next for Enbridge’s Line 3 Replacement Project?
Enbridge’s (ENB) Line 3 Replacement project involves the replacement of all remaining segments of the company’s Line 3 pipeline.
Alberta’s Oil Sands: Key Challenges and Opportunities
Alberta has the third-largest crude oil reserves in the world, with proven reserves of more than 170.0 billion barrels of bitumen.
TC PipeLines: Uncertainty Rules the Roost
There’s still uncertainty surrounding TC PipeLines’ (TCP) future. The company slashed its 1Q18 distributions 35%.
Short Interest in Enbridge Rose Marginally
The number of Enbridge (ENB) shares shorted rose from ~26.5 million on March 30, 2018, to ~26.6 million on April 13, a rise of ~0.5%.
WMB at 52-Week Lows: Can It Regain Upward Momentum?
William Companies (WMB) recently saw a 52-week low of $24.10 and has lost ~17.5% since the start of 2018. WMB has recovered since then.
New Permian Pipeline Projects: Corpus Christi Key Destination
As production in the Permian increases, pipeline capacity should become more crucial for Permian producers.
Last Week’s MLP Rating Updates: Must-Knows
Global Partners (GLP), a midstream MLP involved in crude oil, refined product, and NGLs (natural gas liquids) logistics and marketing, saw two target price revisions and one ratings update last week.
Why TCP, EEP, and SEP Fell after FERC Tax Ruling
MLPs had a bad Thursday after the FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission) revised its income tax policy for MLPs.
Who’s Protected from FERC’s Revised Income Tax Policy?
Midstream companies such as Kinder Morgan (KMI), Targa Resource (TRGP), and ONEOK (OKE) are taxed as C-corps, so the revised policy doesn’t apply to them.
What’s behind Enbridge Energy Partners’ Attractive Yield?
With a yield of 11.1%, Enbridge Energy Partners (EEP) is trading at a yield close to Buckeye Partners (BPL).
How US Tax Cuts Impacted Spectra Energy Partners’ 4Q17 Earnings
Spectra Energy Partners reported operating revenue of -$138 million in 4Q17.
Why EEP Lowered Its 2018 Distributable Cash Flow Guidance
4Q17 and 2017 earnings Enbridge Energy Partners (EEP), a subsidiary of Enbridge (ENB), reported an 8.3% YoY (year-over-year) fall in adjusted EBITDA (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, and amortization) during 4Q17. EEP’s adjusted EBITDA was $430 million in 4Q17 compared to $469 million in 4Q16. However, the partnership beat its 4Q17 EBITDA estimate by 3.8%. […]
What Does ETE’s Current Valuation Indicate?
Energy Transfer Equity (ETE) was trading at a price-to-distributable cash flow of 17.5x on February 8, 2018. This figure was slightly below the trailing-ten-quarter average of 18.0x.
What Could Continue to Drive ENB’s Dividends
Enbridge (ENB) is involved in energy transportation in the United States and Canada. Revenue grew 2% in 2016, compared to 25% in 9M17.
87% of Wall Street Analysts Rate TransCanada a ‘Buy’
Of the analysts surveyed by Reuters, ~87% rated TransCanada (TRP) a “buy” and 13% rated it a “hold.” None of the surveyed analysts rated TRP a “sell.”
TransCanada, Enbridge: Capital Projects Should Drive Growth
TransCanada’s (TRP) Leach XPress project was placed in service on January 1. On January 2, the company announced that the FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission) had issued a “public convenience and necessity” certificate…
Increasing Appalachian Takeaway Capacity: Can Production Keep Up?
Takeaway capacity in Appalachia As we’ve learned so far in this series, rising natural gas production in the Appalachian region has created the need for new midstream infrastructure, including natural gas processing plants (see the previous article) and pipelines. Several new pipeline projects are being developed to increase takeaway capacities from the Marcellus and Utica supply […]
These MLPs Saw the Biggest Rises Last Week
Upstream MLPs (master limited partnerships) EV Energy Partners (EVEP) and Legacy Reserves were among the top MLP gainers last week.
Why Wall Street Analysts Are Bullish on TransCanada
TransCanada (TRP) has risen nearly 10.0% so far in 2017. It has outperformed Targa Resources (TRGP), ONEOK (OKE), and Enbridge (ENB) year-to-date.
Spectra Energy Partners Posts Strong 3Q17 Results
Earnings in 3Q17 In 3Q17, Spectra Energy Partners (SEP), which is mainly involved in natural gas and NGL (natural gas liquid) transportation and storage, posted strong 10.4% and 18.1% YoY revenue and EBITDA (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, and amortization) growth, respectively. Moreover, SEP, which is now owned by Enbridge (ENB), beat its 3Q17 EBITDA estimate […]
MLP Rating Updates Last Week
EnLink Midstream LLC (ENLC), the GP (general partner) of EnLink Midstream Partners (ENLK), was raised by UBS to a “buy.”
Did Institutional Investors Remain Bullish on EEP in 3Q17?
The ten largest institutional owners collectively hold 38.8% of Enbridge Energy Partners’ (EEP) outstanding shares.
Will a Focus on Its Core Business Benefit Enbridge Energy Partners?
EEP’s Liquids segment’s adjusted EBITDA (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, and amortization) for 2Q17 fell 14% over 2Q16.
Enbridge and TransCanada’s Business Segments
With the completion of the merger with Spectra Energy in February 2017, Enbridge’s business mix has become more diversified.
TransCanada Has Risen 11% in 2017 in a Weaker Energy Sector
Canadian midstream giant TransCanada (TRP) has risen 11% YTD in 2017. TransCanada’s Canadian peer Enbridge (ENB) has fallen 5% YTD.
How Wall Street Analysts View Williams Companies
Of the analysts covering Williams Companies (WMB) on September 5, 2017, 78.0% rated it as a “buy,” and the remaining 22.0% rated it as a “hold.”
Institutional Activity in Spectra Energy Partners in 2Q17
Neuberger Berman and Tortoise Capital Advisors unloaded major positions in Spectra Energy Partners (SEP), the MLP now owned by Enbridge (ENB), in 2Q17.
Antero Midstream Partners Is Outperforming AMLP: Here’s Why
Antero Midstream Partners (AM) has fallen 8.0% so far in August, possibly due to the general negative sentiment in the midstream sector.
Are Analysts Bullish on Williams Companies?
About 78.0% of analysts rate Williams Companies (WMB) a “buy,” while the remaining 22.0% rate it a “hold” as of August 21, 2017.
What Conflict Lies ahead for TransCanada’s Keystone XL Pipeline Project?
After years of protests and roadblocks, the US State Department issued a presidential permit authorizing the Keystone XL pipeline in March 2017.
Controversy in the Pipelines of KMI, ETP, TRP, ENB
Pipeline projects in the US have attracted a lot of attention in recent years.
What Does Energy Transfer Equity’s Current Valuation Indicate?
Energy Transfer Equity was trading at a price to distributable cash flow of 18.5x as of August 15, 2017, which is above the last-ten-quarter average of 18.0x.
It’s a ‘Buy’ for Both Williams Companies and Williams Partners
At a broader level, 74.0% of analysts rate Williams Companies (WMB) a “buy,” and the remaining 26.0% rate it a “hold” as of August 2, 2017.
Williams Companies’ Analysts Are Leaning This Way as of July 11
As of July 11, 2017, 65% of analysts surveyed by Reuters are rating Williams Companies (WMB) a “buy,” while the remaining 35.0% are rating it a “hold.”
Enbridge Energy Partners Inside Out: Segments and Assets
Headquartered in Texas, Enbridge Energy Partners (EEP) owns and operates a crude oil and natural gas transportation business in the United States.
Enbridge Energy Partners Stock: A Key Glance Forward
Enbridge Energy Partners has fallen 31% YTD, while its midstream energy peers Plains All American Pipeline and ONEOK have fallen 1% and 5%, respectively.
Analyst Ratings: It’s Raining Upgrades for DCP Midstream
Of the analysts covering DCP Midstream, 67% rate it as a “hold,” 22% rate it as a “buy,” and the remaining 11% rate it as a “sell.”
Williams Companies Underperforms the Sector and SPY
Williams Companies (WMB) has underperformed the sector index, the Alerian MLP Index, over the past three years in terms of total returns.
EEP’s Segments in 4Q16: Which Contributed the Most to Earnings Growth?
EEP’s Liquids segment contributed ~98% to the company’s total EBITDA in 3Q16.
What Lies Ahead for Enbridge Energy Partners Stock?
EEP has fallen nearly 30% since January 27, 2017—the day it announced its guidance for 2017.
Enbridge Energy Partners Is Expected to Report Higher 4Q Earnings
Enbridge Energy Partners (EEP) is expected to report its 4Q16 earnings on February 15. Analysts expect a 5% rise in EBITDA.
Enbridge Acquires Midcoast Energy Partners: Key Highlights
On January 27, 2017, Midcoast Energy Partners (MEP) announced an agreement with Enbridge Energy (EECI), an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Enbridge (ENB).
Enbridge Energy Partners Expects Lower Earnings in 2017
Enbridge Energy Partners (EEP) expects 2017 adjusted EBITDA to be lower than its 2016 estimated adjusted EBITDA.
Why Oneok Was Downgraded after Stellar 2016 Market Performance
Oneok (OKE), the midstream C corporation GP (general partner) of Oneok Partners (OKS), was downgraded by Jefferies from “hold” to “underperform.”
What Are Analysts Recommending for Enbridge?
About 82.0% of the analysts surveyed have rated Enbridge a “buy,” while 18.0% have rated it a “hold.”
KMI, ENB, TRP: What Are Analysts Recommending?
Analysts’ average target price for Kinder Morgan (KMI) for the next year is $24.8.
Tesoro Logistics Expects 12%–15% Distribution Growth for 2017
Tesoro Logistics (TLLP) expects its distributions to grow 12%–15% for 2017.
ETP to Merge into SXL in Unit-for-Unit Deal
Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) has agreed to merge into Sunoco Logistics Partners (SXL) in an all-stock deal.
Why 63% of Analysts Call Enbridge Energy Partners a ‘Buy’
According to analysts surveyed by Bloomberg, the median target price for Enbridge Energy Partners (EEP) for the next year is $26.6.
Enbridge Energy Partners’ Capital Spending Drives Its Growth
Enbridge Energy Partners announced a 3Q16 quarterly cash distribution of $0.58 per limited partner unit, unchanged from its previous quarter’s distribution.
How Enbridge Energy Partners’ Segments Are Performing
Enbridge Energy Partners (EEP) carries out its operations through two reportable segments: Liquids and Natural Gas.
Should You Worry about JVIAX?
The Virtus Foreign Opportunities Fund Class A (JVIAX) is right in the middle of the pack of 12 funds chosen for this review.
What Enbridge Saw in Spectra Energy to Prompt Buy
Enbridge’s (ENB) acquisition of Spectra Energy (SE) offers diversification benefits to Enbridge by expanding into SE’s natural gas business.
Enbridge, Spectra Energy Merger Makes History
On September 6, 2016, Enbridge (ENB) and Spectra Energy (SE) announced a stock-for-stock merger agreement, which values Spectra Energy common stock at $28 billion.