Key economic indicators
Key economic indicators released last week include the following:
- the US (QQQ) (SPY) manufacturing PMI (purchasing managers’ index)
- the UK (EWU) manufacturing PMI
- Germany’s (EWG) manufacturing PMI
- France’s (EWQ) manufacturing PMI
- Spain’s (EWP) manufacturing PMI
- the Eurozone’s (VGK) (EZU) manufacturing PMI
- Japan’s (EWJ) manufacturing PMI
- the ADP National Employment Report
- US non-farm payroll data
These economic indicators are important for global investors because they show how the economy is performing and help investors analyze short-term market trends.
In this series, we’ll take a look at December 2017 manufacturing PMI reports for major developed regions, namely the United States (SPX-INDEX), Germany (DAX-INDEX), France, Spain, Europe, Japan, and the United Kingdom (UKX-INDEX). These reports indicate how manufacturing activity is trending. We’ll also analyze US non-farm payroll data and the ADP National Employment Report for December. In the next part of this series, we’ll analyze the US manufacturing PMI.