Key economic indicators
The key economic indicators released recently include the following:
- the US’s (QQQ) (SPY) final manufacturing PMI (purchasing managers’ index)
- France’s (EWQ) final manufacturing PMI
- Germany’s (EWG) final manufacturing PMI
- Spain’s (EWP) final manufacturing PMI
- Eurozone’s (VGK) (EZU) final manufacturing PMI
- the UK’s (EWU) final manufacturing PMI
- Japan’s (EWJ) final manufacturing PMI
- US non-farm payroll
- US ADP employment
- US 3Q17 GDP
Economic indicators are important for global investors because they reflect the condition of the global economy. Market movements vary according to the performance of various economic indicators.
Manufacturing PMIs are an important indicator both for market participants and policymakers. These reports show the trends of manufacturing activity in economies.
In this series, we’ll take a look at the final manufacturing PMI of major developed nations including the US, the UK, Japan, Germany, France, Spain, and the Eurozone for October 2017. We’ll also analyze the performance of the US non-farm payroll and the ADP employment report for October 2017.
In the next part (below), we’ll analyze the final US manufacturing PMI for October 2017.